Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Jerry Shallis
If anybody approaches you with some "cheap" flying gear, please be aware that all of mine was stolen from my car in Southend on 28 April so the perpetrator may try to offload it.

The timing couldn't have been worse because my IMC test was later in the day and along with all the stuff like headset, charts etc. were my licences (CAA & FAA), Medical and of course my Log Book, showing I'd done the course.

If you hear of anything being offered, please drop me an email, I'd appreciate it.

The full list of missing stuff is:
Transair Headset Case
David Clarke DC10 13.4 headset
Aircraft Keys (Tagged Pathfinder N235PF)
Hangar Keys
Transair Traveller Flying Bag
CAA Private Pilots Licence
CAA Radio Telephony Operators Licence
CAA Class 2 Medical
FAA Airman's Certificate
Transair PPL Cover
AFE Pilot's Flight Log Book
Transair Log Book Cover
Pooley's CRP-1 Flight Computer
Jeppersen TechStar Pro Calculator
Transair TR-7 Lighted Kneeboard
Transair VFR Flight Pads
Sekonda Student Pilot's Stopwatch
Stopwatch Kneeboard Clip
CAA Southern England 1:500000 Chart
Chart Marker Pens (4-pack)
Marker Pen Eraser
Chinagraph Pencil
Pooley's VFR Flight Guide (spiral bound)
Jeppersen PJ-1 Rotating Plotter
Landing Pattern Computer
Aviation Fuel Tester
Universal Fuel Gauge
ICOM IC-R2 Receiver
MagLite AA Torch
MagLite AAA Torch
PA28-235 Check List
Windshield sponge/shammy
Prescription Sunglasses (Aviator style)
By peter rees
Sorry to hear your news - same happened to me some time ago. Its a right pain trying to re-build your log book.

I kept an eye on E-bay as I also lost a Garmin GPS 195 but, no luck.

Replaced most of my stuff via E-bay (you will be surprised how cheap some of the stuff on there is - especially if you contact people in the US).

Was any of the stuff marked so that it can be identified? There are loads of 13.4s that go through E-bay - how can identify them as yours and not a legitimate sale?
By Matt C
Yeah really bad news mate, makes you want to rip some ickle-bleeders head of doesn't it? anyway, I'd suggest you keep an eye on e-bay as if they aren't in 'flying circles', then that's a half decent place to advertise stuff.

Most folk there are reputable people trying to get rid of old stuff, but if they're stupid/daft they could try advertising selling a licence and or medical...

Not an awful lot of help I know...but hope your test went ok
By Harry Remmington
In my experience you will find all but the saleable items [Icom, Headset, Torch etc] have been dumped in a bin within the vicinity or nearby....contact the local council bin men. Of course you would think they might hand them in to the Police...but its worth a try.
Take a look in ditches and layby areas close by to the field.
Opportunist thieves tend to operate to the same hymn book.
I presume that all these items were in one bag, and its more than like the good gear was removed and the whole bag dumped.
By poetpilot
I agree with Harry ... I had a business case nicked from my car once... found it over a wall on the other side of the road, papers intact. Only thing missing was a bottle of aspirins.

Commiserations, hope you get some of the priceless stuff back.
By Rotorhead
Typical of what this Country is coming to.
Can't begin to comprehend why some little sh*t has done that.

Sorry to hear it. Any insurance on the hardware ?
By Jerry
Thanks for your support folks. In answer to Matt's question, I did pass my IMC which leaves me in the situation of trying to persuade the CAA that I am entitled to the rating without a logbook, licence or medical. It rather dampens the otherwise satisfying sense of achievement.
By Harry Remmington
So have you been down the Council dump and asked the foreman?
Searched to local area ? With your new IMC you dont need to wait for better weather.
I presume you have changed the hanger and a/c locks ?
By ROG
Jerry where exactly were you parked at the time. There are a couple of recorders operating at the airport
By ROG
Jerry---just a thought---shop at hockley that deals in i-coms--longshot-might be worth having a word with them--by the spa--cant remember name but well known.
By peter rees
I know that it will be of little consolation but I have got into the habit of photocopying each page of my log book when it is complete. If I am unfortunate enough to loose another, at least I can re-create it without too much difficulty.

When you try to get your medical certificate back - I would contact the AME who did it for you (unless it is due soon anyway) - When I had to get a new one from the CAA, they charged
StratoTramp liked this
By Rob S
Harry that's wicked but funny!

Out of interest I have an Excel program which I made up to resemble my log book - it adds everything up in hours and minutes and looks (apart from the colours) like the CAA log book. In fact I keep this more up to date and just copy in my flight details to the real logbook.

If any of you want a copy let me know and I can e-mail it to you and you can edit it to your hearts' content.

Regards

Rob S
tr7v8 liked this