Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob S
I will need to edit it a bit otherwise you lot will all be claiming you fly a lovely old Arrow. Once I have done that I'll e-mail it to Steve and see if he can post it up there. I'll try and e-mail it to you two to see if you can get it to work okay

It's at home so I'll do it later

Regards

Rob
StratoTramp liked this
By Jerry Shallis
Lack of replies? Not at all - just spending hours on the phone trying to get things sorted out. Thanks for all the suggestions though, and I'll try to answer some of the questions.

ROG, unfortunately, the car was parked at Southend East station, waiting for me to drive to the airport. Regrettably, c2c didn't see fit to put up cameras, in fact they don't even own the car parking, it's simply an off-road area and therefore free. Not such a saving methinks! Before there are too many of you asking why I left the stuff in the car, I thought it would be safe on the floor in the back, under a pile of old clothes. I now know better.

Harry, I'm afraid I draw the line at sifting through the council's dumps - even if it does mean I have to make a special trip to the US to get my ticket re-issued. The missus quite fancies a long weekend shopping in NY anyway. I just get this feeling that if I asked the foreman he would say something like "Go on, help yourself..." I did make a search of the streets around the station but no luck. Also, the car must have been locked or the thief was more foolish than me 'cos he/she made a hell of a mess of the window! :-]

Rotorhead - I'll find out how good the insurance was when I speak to the loss adjuster on Friday. I hope that at least some part of the
By Rob S
Jerry

Far from 'entertaining' more like appalling really (but HR's comment did amuse me) - just hope it all works out in the end.

Rob S
By Poetpilot
I second Rob S's comments. Sad to say, it's happened at Barton on the airfield to some people.

B*****ds
By Adie
Hi Jerry,

I feel for you. Looks very similar to the list I put into my insurance company after my house was broken into!!!

Thankfully I did managed to get most of the kit replaced however the licenses I had to pad for as they are not covered by the insurance policy.

The worst bit for me was that I couldnt do any flying untill everything was replaced. I wasnt sure wether the insurance company would replace the equipment through the quotes I sent them from various suppliers or wether they were just going to send me the money to by it myself. Oh, and the week it took me to fill all the entries into my new log book (a bloody good job I bought a copy of Skylog 2 months before).

All in all I ended up with no flying for 3 months right through the summer season!! B******s!

Good luck anyway. I'm sure it will all work out for you.

Ade
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What does it say about society today that the band didnt inform the police at any point and were prepared to pay (again) to get their stuff back.
By Red
skydriller wrote:What does it say about society today that the band didnt inform the police at any point and were prepared to pay (again) to get their stuff back.

I think it says that unless you want a crime number for insurance purposes theres little point :(
Flyin'Dutch' liked this