Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
PaulB wrote:This is true, but I don't ever recall being give a specific clearance to enter an ATZ by ATC. I guess being asked to "report final/left/right base" might constitute an implied clearance, though.

That's not implied.. How do you report inside the ATZ without entering it (bomber circuits aside}? That's a clearance. :D

Not even Barton could argue that as an infringement. :wink:
@flybymike my whole point is that being instructed to report final is an explicit clearance to enter the ATZ. It is not a suggestion (implied).

I say again, there is no room in ATC for suggestions being open to interpretation.

I can point you at a thread where the associated problems of interpretation are pretty clear. :wink:
flybymike my whole point is that being instructed to report final is an explicit clearance to enter the ATZ. It is not a suggestion (implied).

It’s an instruction to report final, which may be taken as an implied clearance (is a “clearance” into a class G ATZ even required?)

I say...,,,such fun..... :D
Miscellaneous wrote:@flybymike my whole point is that being instructed to report final is an explicit clearance to enter the ATZ. It is not a suggestion (implied).

Can they "instruct" you to do anything in class G?
Miscellaneous wrote:
flybymike wrote:(is a “clearance” into a class G ATZ even required?)

When controlled, absolutely, that much is clear in Rule 11 of the…... :lol:

Rule 11 doesn't say clearance... it says permission.
flybymike liked this
PaulB wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote:
flybymike wrote:(is a “clearance” into a class G ATZ even required?)

When controlled, absolutely, that much is clear in Rule 11 of the…... :lol:

Rule 11 doesn't say clearance... it says permission.

Talk of semantics…

I would say clearance and permission are a little closer in meaning than explicit and implied. :wink: