Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
It would show great understanding by people wielding power of the worries and concerns of individual affected pilots if announcements about such things could be made reasonably early, and I do not mean "oh well if you insist on one answer right now, it has to be....".
Judging by the fact that I have (in December) had a 3 or 4 pilots phone me about this, needing for financial (eg buying into syndicates) or other reason for "an answer", we are already infringing "early time" now.
I try not to tell pilots what to do, usually I try to give them facts to make personal choices - eg should a ppl fly on a class 2, a lapl medical or a self declare medical, and how each would alter their personal boundaries . On this April 8th cliff edge subject I have had to go into "given their situation, where would I gamble with my own money understanding I could lose?" territory.
Charley Farley wrote:
G-BLEW wrote:
Charley Farley wrote:It would be good if this could be made a ‘sticky’ in view of the thousands of the pilots that could be grounded for a while if the concession ends.

Genuine question, is 'thousands' your guess, or is there some data somewhere?

Thanks

Ian

Genuine answer, it was my guess.

Forum rule.
Never, ever, state a figure in an estimate, guesstimate or blind guess!
You will be hounded for the source data! :D
flybymike liked this