Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PaulB
Thought it always was CAS, irrespective of how SD displayed it.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It was.

Not very long ago (on these forums, I think) it was pointed out that the previous presentation could be ambiguous.

I suspect that drove a change - as an improvement to clarify any potential ambiguity
By PaulB
I guess a question that must have been asked here before (but I don’t recall) is why it needs to be MAN class D if it’s permanently (effectively) given over to VFR transit traffic that needs no clearance.

How long has the LLR existed? Has it ever been “reclaimed” for CAT use? if so when?
By PaulB
RichJordan wrote:Feels less intuitive. It's now effectively invisible.

While it might not have been correct before, it's certainly not right now.

You could argue that I t actually is right now.... it is CAS and is displayed as such.
By Iceman
I see that SD has now resolved the ambiguity satisfactorily. Tapping on the airspace, or putting a route through it does give information about the LLR, as shown in the following shot.

Iceman 8)
kanga liked this
By Nick
I think you will find that if you reduce your planned flight level to below 1300 ft the shading over the corridor will disappear. That is how it has worked for me in the past. Unless Skydemon have changed it. I bet Tim will be along soon to explain.

Nick.
By RichJordan
Iceman wrote:I see that SD has now resolved the ambiguity satisfactorily. Tapping on the airspace, or putting a route through it does give information about the LLR, as shown in the following shot.

Iceman 8)

But how would a Skydemon user unfamiliar with the specific airspace around Manchester know to put a route through CAS. Or just stab randomly at the various bits of airspace?

I don't know what the right answer is. But I don't think it's this.
JAFO liked this
By RichJordan
Nick wrote:I think you will find that if you reduce your planned flight level to below 1300 ft the shading over the corridor will disappear. That is how it has worked for me in the past. Unless Skydemon have changed it. I bet Tim will be along soon to explain.

Nick.

No. I think the change recently implemented has got rid of that.
By PaulB
RichJordan wrote:That's true.

But if I wasn't aware of the existence of the LLR already, I can't see how I'd now see it from the Skydemon planning view. It might be being shown accurately, but it's not intuitive.

That is also true....