Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
‘Good luck to him’? Not at all - he has complained about aircraft noise from an airfield that was there long before he moved in. He is only now complaining because he wants to line his pockets by making a documentary at his farm and he doesn’t want the noise: Jeremy Clarkson defends Diddly Squat farm shop plans https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-49973137

He is one of the most inconsiderate people in show business and if I had the misfortune of him moving near me I would not be happy either...
chrisbl wrote:Good luck to him, people are only jealous

I always presumed his on screen persona was a caricature made up for TV, till he punched that producer.

The most surprising thing about that was how it changed my view of James May and Richard Hammond.

Sure, it confirmed that Clarkson actually is like his TV persona, Previously I thought Hammond and James May were ok, I now wonder if it is them that have the TV personas as “nice chaps”.
Birds of a feather flock together.

I wonder if his shop will be open to the public? We know how much he detests the public/walkers. The lambing/shop is just for the new series in reality isn’t it.

I don’t think anyone is jealous, it’s just a freak sideshow thats all.
It can be annoying when a freak turns up on your doorstep though.
dewidaniels liked this
By LowNSlow1
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Enstone which is about 3 miles to the East of DSF.

By the way I heard May used to own the lovely red Citabria with the reg G-OCOK which I assume reflected his catch phrase used when things went wrong "Oh cock" .
By skydriller
Cessna571 wrote:[I always pesumed his on screen persona was a caricature made up for TV, till he punched that producer.

I thought thought that it was now pretty much accepted that was all a set up to get out of the BBC contract to go to the money at Amazon?
Cessna571 wrote:
chrisbl wrote:Good luck to him, people are only jealous

I always presumed his on screen persona was a caricature made up for TV, till he punched that producer.

The most surprising thing about that was how it changed my view of James May and Richard Hammond.

Clarkson boasted that he deliberately tries to kill or maim any wild animals he sees on 'his' road; Hammond is such a wimp that when fronting 'Total Wipeout', he never actually went to Argentina (too scared I suppose); May has a PPL so he can't be all bad.
By rikur_
Cessna571 wrote:Sure, it confirmed that Clarkson actually is like his TV persona, Previously I thought Hammond and James May were ok, I now wonder if it is them that have the TV personas as “nice chaps”.
Birds of a feather flock together.

Seemingly the mods didn't like what was written
Last edited by rikur_ on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooty25 liked this
Cessna571 wrote:[I always pesumed his on screen persona was a caricature made up for TV, till he punched that producer.

That's what I thought, too.

skydriller wrote:I thought thought that it was now pretty much accepted that was all a set up to get out of the BBC contract to go to the money at Amazon?

Who by? Where's your evidence that it was a set up? I did think Jeremy Clarkson got off very lightly settling for £100,000 given that he then went on to earn several million pounds from Amazon.

As to whether Jeremy Clarkson is really like his on screen persona, I'm inclined to think that if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
kanga wrote:
chevvron wrote:.. Hammond is such a wimp..; May has a PPL so he can't be all bad.

Hammond has a PPL(H), and learned at Staverton IIRC; and owns a R44 ..

Chris Evans has a PPL(H) too (learnt at Shoreham) [redacted by admin - libellous]
By stevelup
chevvron wrote:Hammond is such a wimp that when fronting 'Total Wipeout', he never actually went to Argentina (too scared I suppose);

Wipeout is syndicated across the world. Everywhere it is shown, a local 'celeb' presenter does the voiceover and a few link segments in front of a green screen. All the crew in Argentina are locals apart from the presenter. Over 40 different countries use the set which is in continuous use throughout the year. It's a fascinating operation!

Hammond 'presenting' Total Wipeout pre-dates the Top Gear Argentina 'incident' by years. Him sitting in a studio here doing his talky bits is just an inherent part of the format.
kanga, flybymike liked this