Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By cirrostratus
With all the depressing news of airfield closures such as Old Sarum , Deenthorpe, Wellesborne, and Redlands, and high landing fees elsewhere, it was really refreshing to drop into a airfield that is making a comeback and hopefully will be a great destination for GA especially for the lighter end stuff and classic and Vintage types.
Middlezoy airfield is on the southern edge of Westonzoylands vast expanse not far from Bridgwater in Somerset. The guys running the place are working extremely hard putting in place facilities , modern but with a authentic British 1940s to 1960s atmosphere.
They deserve support from the GA community and with their dedication and efforts there will be a welcoming GA facility in a very convenient place.....if you have a suitable aircraft go and visit !
Details on their website at. http://middlezoyaerodrome.simplesite.com/
B1engineer, Charles Hunt, kanga and 1 others liked this
By Kemble Pitts
Great, surprise, news.

Noting the proximity to the microlight site at Weston Zoyland, I wonder, what are diplomatic relations like between the two.?

Was there any possibility of pooling resources and effort?

I will be looking to visit very soon.
By ozplane
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just as a point of information, there is mention of Deenethorpe being under threat. When I was in there a couple of weeks ago the major development is still some way off. When it does start the developer has promised the club that he will provide a strip to the North of the existing runway. I guess it all depends on how much you believe developers.
By an-rv8or
If going here keep your eyes wide open as the Westonzoyland and Middlezoy are two separate airfields operating from two distinct areas of one old WWII airfield.
Need to watch for conflicting traffic in the cct.
Have a look on Google maps it will be self explanatory.
I was there (Westonzoyland) earlier on in the year in the RV and got a terrific reception.
It is very close to Bridgwater where Thorn make excellent world class touring pushbikes and have a large cycle accessory distribution and Brompton dealership.
Whilst on the ground I spotted an aircraft in the cct at Middlezoyland and realised the need to keep a good lookout, so be forwarned.
Well worth a visit.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Memories of seeing flying from there in the early 70s and my Dad and Uncle having a race in the family cars down that disused hard East-West runway.

Iceman 8)