Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I went in the summer with Mr Crowe senior. For afternoon tea, not a Wellesbourne-style full English, and it was totally ace.

Rob P
By LavanyaLea
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Really good food I had a hot lunch I think was lasagna... we sat outside, really close to the runway, watching all the landings/attempted landings/go round! It was quite full of action!
I went in on Tuesday and it a lovely airfield, with a nice cafe, and a good place to visit when the weather is kind as it is at the moment.
When the weather is not not so kind though and although it may be perfectly acceptable at other destinations, the Welsh hills do need to be treated with care and given due respect!
Just to add my :thumright: :thumleft: for the Cafe. It was pleasant sitting quietly on the decking sipping me Pepsi listening to the background chatter while soaking in the vista of the mountains and unwinding from the last leg flown and start thinking about the next leg to be flown. 8) Just wish I would get around to buying a decent camera.
Sadly didn’t make it; by the time I’d snagged the first aircraft I was supposed to be in, then broken the second, and got to a third, I didn’t have time to do that as well as Shobdon and we had reasons to go to Shobdon. Another time!