Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By A le Ron
What's the best/quickest way to get fromCumbernauld airfield to central Edinburgh?
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Try Arnold Clark Car Rentals for maximum flexibility?

I would avoid flying into Edinburgh Airport out of Cumbernauld. The 20-25 min of time saved (vs. driving) will be easily spent waiting around the airport, and your money will be wasted on mandatory handling. And then you’d still have to wait for further transport.
By Awful Charlie
^^ wot he said - but check the timetable first, as when I did my PPL trining (rather a long time ago!) the trains weren't exactly frequent, especially on a Sunday, and consequently you might want to book a taxi in advance too. You really don't want the liability of a car in central Edinburgh if you can avoid it
A le Ron liked this
By gyrotyro
I would fly to Latch farm near Livingstone (Skydemon) and then catch the train to Edinburgh. 1.4 miles to Kirknewton station from Latch Farm.

Don't bother trying to fly to Kirknewton, did it once and had to sign my life away to the RAF dealing through Cranwell for permission. Or was it my wife away? Wondered why I haven't seen her around.
By TLRippon
Taxi from Cumbernauld to either Edinburgh or Glasgow is surprisingly less expensive than the fares we Southerners are used to.
In fact I think there are Taxi companies in Cumbernauld who would do Edinburgh for a bit less than £47.
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Oh well.... Given I drive and park in and around Central London regularly, I suppose everywhere else feels a bit easier!

Glad the train/taxi option worked out for you. :thumleft: