Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:It seems the weather has sadly remained poor in the south whilst still proving more flyable in the north.

Hey @PeteSpencer are you tempted to leave the southern chart exiting on the northern limits, yet? :D

Taken yesterday and submitted for your viewing pleasure, Pete. :wink:

Misc:

Flattered as I am by our fledgling bromance ,we have such a lot on at home atm that I fear that it will be next spring before we can gambol hand in hand through the edelweiss to the ‘sound of music’.

Peter :wink:
By Iceman
Miscellaneous wrote:Don't you still have the Robin, @Iceman ?

I'm sure the TB is going to be the pride of the Bushe. :thumright:

The Robin was sold to a guy in Germany over a year ago now.

Good suggestion Misc., it's not too large to get the painters to put on some nose art, "Pride of the Bushe" and a scantily-clad young lady :thumright:.

Iceman 8)
ChrisT, Nick liked this
Iceman wrote:The Robin was sold to a guy in Germany over a year ago now.

I did speak to a man in Glenforsa in August who said you had tried to sell it to him. The subject came up on the count of him telling me his son was jumping in his Bushe based PA28 to join him that evening.

Iceman wrote:Good suggestion Misc., it's not too large to get the painters to put on some nose art, "Pride of the Bushe" and a scantily-clad young lady :thumright:

Mmm, as long as she is not 'Brazilian'. :wink:
By skydriller
Hi Ice,

I have to say your photo's surprise me, when I saw her at the Fraduno the paint didnt look too bad...But obviously the winter is the time to do this stuff.

Regards, SD..
By Iceman
Hi SD

You may recall that she had a gear-up at the Bushe two years ago in September. Although she was back in action within 9 months with new prop and new engine, the complete underside has been green new panels ever since. Pretty well its flight after the rebuild was to Cannes, Elba and Venice for Raduno 2018. The aircraft has been hiding the green underside panels pretty well ever since. This is the first opportunity that there has been to get the long-awaited respray resulting from that incident. As the aircraft only has 650 hours since brand new, the rest of the paint work was in pretty good condition, but there was no way that we'd do half a respray job on her. It should look immaculate when completed soon, and all ready for the usual European touring in 2020 (I wonder where Raduno 2020 will be ?).

Iceman 8)
skydriller liked this
PeteSpencer wrote:...we have such a lot on at home atm that I fear that it will be next spring before we can gambol hand in hand through the edelweiss to the ‘sound of music’.

You know, Pete, one could be forgiven for concluding you have been giving too much credence to stories of whisky swigging, haggis *@£$ing Teuchters. :D
PeteSpencer liked this
By PeteSpencer
Miscellaneous wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:...we have such a lot on at home atm that I fear that it will be next spring before we can gambol hand in hand through the edelweiss to the ‘sound of music’.

You know, Pete, one could be forgiven for concluding you have been giving too much credence to stories of whisky swigging, haggis *@£$ing Teuchters. :D

I'll be there in the spring: I like haggis and a nice single malt but not that peaty Laphroaig or Cardhu cr ap.

Peter :lol: