Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
This thread of @TheFarmer's from last year came to mind yesterday.

It really is a special time of year to fly as the low sun casts a warmer, more subdued, light, almost just a glow, across the landscape creating shadows that expose its every blemish. Simply magical, surely from an enchanted world beyond ours! :D

Iceman, TheFarmer, JAFO and 7 others liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Few people in the UK have such a playground in their back yard @Miscellaneous, and with so few other aircraft with which to share it. This will be about the first year in 20 years that I’ve not visited the beautiful west coast.

Iceman 8)
Iceman wrote:Few people in the UK have such a playground in their back yard...

Indeed that is why I post the images, to share it with fellow enthusiasts. :thumright: Maybe some will come and take their own photographs? You must have a few thousand yourself? :wink:
I'm incredibly aware and grateful of how lucky I am. :thumright:
Iceman wrote:...and with so few other aircraft with which to share it.

Ah, well now, the SE2's first outing. An hour and 25mins...number of aircraft detected...exactly zero. :lol:
Iceman wrote:This will be about the first year in 20 years that I’ve not visited the beautiful west coast.

Something tells me you and the Maule will more than make up for it next year. :D :thumright:
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
Funnily enough, the SE2 has now been dispatched for the Maule, although I won’t be able to see it in action for a month or so. The first time that I used an SE2 was en route to Glenforsa in the TB last year. It got switched off within 5 minutes of departure from Blackbushe as the SE2’s owner had not configured it correctly and we hadn’t configured SkyDemon to ignore our own transmissions. This led to a continuous stream of announcements from SD, so many in fact that it crashed SD and made it unusable. I see that you must have configured yours ok as you experienced complete silence :D. We can now see you p, however, on FR24, etc :wink:.

Iceman 8)
By Paul_Sengupta
Charles Hunt wrote:Don't worry Paul, it'll be raining soon.

Sounds like it already is:

Miscellaneous wrote:If it's any consolation normal weather service has been resumed here. :(

Ah, well, aeroplane annual, yes, though it's all concerned with my personal circumstances at the moment which conspire to stop me flying anyway.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Ah, well, aeroplane annual, yes, though it's all concerned with my personal circumstances at the moment which conspire to stop me flying anyway.

There are certainly circumstances that trump flying, everytime. I'm sorry to hear you are presently experiencing such circumstances, Paul. All the best with a resolution.
By Paul_Sengupta
Miscellaneous wrote:There are certainly circumstances that trump flying, everytime. I'm sorry to hear you are presently experiencing such circumstances, Paul. All the best with a resolution.

It's looking after my father, though actually I've had a bit of respite as he's been in hospital now for 2 months. When he eventually comes home they're putting a care package in place which hopefully means I'll be able to get out of the house for more than a couple of hours at a time.
mick w liked this