Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I called the Salisbury Plain Danger Zone recently to politely enquire about activity levels before I flew east from home, and the chap who answered was so arrogant, unhelpful and up his own chocolate tea towel holder, that I decided it wasn’t worth bothering with again in future.

Sad really, as they used to be quite helpful and almost jolly when I’ve called in the past.
By chevvron
TheFarmer wrote:I called the Salisbury Plain Danger Zone recently to politely enquire about activity levels before I flew east from home, and the chap who answered was so arrogant, unhelpful and up his own chocolate tea towel holder, that I decided it wasn’t worth bothering with again in future.

Sad really, as they used to be quite helpful and almost jolly when I’ve called in the past.

Don't know who the contractor is nowadays; I've got a feeling NATS got the contract from Airwork.
By Billstone
Thanks for all the advice and wisdom. In the end I flew round to the east. On the way down I went through Brize.... I really hope nobody on this forum was working the radar there last Tuesday....sheeez was I rusty.