Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By David Wood
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flew Thruxton to Norfolk and back this weekend. Planned a straight line and on both outbound and inbound trips I requested and received a transit through Luton's Class D on track at 3,300' VFR. They could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Very good service. Marked contrast to the good folks at Bristol.

I've no idea what the relationship is between the frequency of CAT going in and out of Bristol and Luton. But certainly in the time I was transiting Luton each way there were a number of EZs took off and climbed through our level without drama. I do wonder what Bristol's problem is...
By PaulB
Would that have any effect at all others than to take some of your time that you'd never get back?

Is anyone aware of any GA magazines that could investigate this on behalf of their readers?
By PaulB
So does a leading UK GA magazine need to ask the CAA what happens about them and how many get completed?
By PaulB
Dunno.... but there's a bit of smoke wafting around regarding some ATSUs. Perhaps there could be a league table of transits granted and transits refused. (Is there a tongue in cheek emoji?)
By PaulB
Is Brizzle a NATS unit or AN Other?

It seems that the transit refusals seemed to start from when it relinquished its LARS responsibilities. Could it be a mere misunderstanding by an accountant/director/someone (who doesn't understand airspace)?