Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Spotted this by accident and watched it. It was very disjointed and clearly a repeat, though it was new to me. It was very good to see a bit of the Alderney Air Races though, they'll be going again in a months time. Also highly hilarious to see Geoffrey Boot and his missus referred to as Baron and Baroness Boot :-)
PeteSpencer liked this
By Rob P
The braying Hurrah-Henrys of the air racing lot will not have done much for the image of air racing or of GA amongst those who don't know us. It was deeply toe-curling

Rob P

Edited 1st September for clarification.
Last edited by Rob P on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JAFO, 2Donkeys liked this
By johnm
Rob P wrote:The braying Hurrah-Henrys of the air racing lot will not have done much for the image of GA amongst those who don't know us. It was deeply toe-curling

Rob P

Carefully selected by the producers I fear the rest are a pretty good lot in my experience.
Rob P, ls8pilot liked this
By Rob P
Yes, they patently were chosen to make "good television".

Rob P
By VictoryRoll
Got to say before some quite hard bank and yanks it appeared that look out wasn’t much of a factor?!

Also didn’t see any parachutes or life vests? Was a being blind??
By ls8pilot
Rob P wrote:The braying Hurrah-Henrys of the air racing lot will not have done much for the image of GA amongst those who don't know us. It was deeply toe-curling

Rob P

I've not watched the whole series but it seems to take a rather odd view of aviation - lots of Commercial and military interspersed with some aerobatics, competition parachuting and display flying but little or no mention of the vast bulk of GA, LAA, Microlight, Gyro, Hang glider, paraglider, balloon, glider, etc etc.
kanga liked this
By Mike Tango
I have my fifteen seconds of fame in one of the episodes, doing Group Supervisor Airports in the TC ops room alongside the superstar (in his own opinion) watch manager :roll:
By Trent772
flybymike wrote:Doubtless in keeping with his humble opinion of himself.

Even the missus gets to wear epaulettes

We comfortably beat him in the Schneider many years ago in our Lance....

Just saying.

But Mr Crisp was our main contender.

Bastardo.......
flybymike liked this
By Hooligan
I kind of watched it last night - typical crappy documentary style. Some much better programmes have been done in the past. Reaching for the Skies for example.

I hadn't realised that the Bremont guys were the sons of the late Euan English though.