Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
Too much vodka for breakfast again :roll:.

The strange thing with clips like this is that there is a camera waiting for an event that seems to have been anticipated.

Iceman 8)
By Irv Lee
Not a UK commercial up front was it, there are one or two examples I can think of where it was? The least upsetting is a c150 taking the whole 800 - 900 metres at Popham and staggering into the air on the stall for a very shaky climb out. Apparently the pilot didn't think a C150 would need full power on take off. Hadn't flown an SEP for years but someone went along to 'make it legal' and was apparently over-awed by the superior licence and just sat there. (I have the video for my PPL Masterclass, the wallowing on the edge of the stall in the climb out is interesting)
Last edited by Irv Lee on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Katamarino
Iceman wrote:Too much vodka for breakfast again :roll:.

The strange thing with clips like this is that there is a camera waiting for an event that seems to have been anticipated.

Iceman 8)

Ah, the mysterious technology of CCTV :P :mrgreen:
By Iceman
Katamarino wrote:
Iceman wrote:Too much vodka for breakfast again :roll:.

Iceman 8)

Ah, the mysterious technology of CCTV :P :mrgreen:

Ah, yes, I saw the shake on the camera, not realising that the video is a video of a screened video. Still strange that someone should be taking a video of a CCTV camera showing nothing at the very moment that this event occurs.

Iceman 8)
By Katamarino
Iceman wrote:
Ah, yes, I saw the shake on the camera, not realising that the video is a video of a screened video. Still strange that someone should be taking a video of a CCTV camera showing nothing at the very moment that this event occurs.

Iceman 8)

I'm guessing that they're taking video of a playback of the CCTV recording, after people saw it happen and said "Holy ****, lets make sure we save the CCTV recording of that!!" :lol:
Iceman, Ben K, Colonel Panic liked this
By cockney steve
Brings to mind the "youtube" film of a massive-overloaded Russian freighter lumbering down an uneven, puddled dirt runway. The laconic Antipodian Tower commentary finishes with something like "the vodka- burner departs" as it kicks up a load of soil and turf at the departure-end which appears to be unfenced.

Never has the term " only takes off because of the curvature of the earth" been more apposite. :o no doubt performance improved as fuel burned -off.
By Katamarino
cockney steve wrote:Brings to mind the "youtube" film of a massive-overloaded Russian freighter lumbering down an uneven, puddled dirt runway. The laconic Antipodian Tower commentary finishes with something like "the vodka- burner departs" as it kicks up a load of soil and turf at the departure-end which appears to be unfenced.

Never has the term " only takes off because of the curvature of the earth" been more apposite. :o no doubt performance improved as fuel burned -off.

My favourite quote from that video was "I hope I've got enough tape to film the crash" :shock: :lol:
Iceman, Flyin'Dutch', Ben K liked this