Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I still can't understand why the title of this thread says "for the rest of summer" when the NOTAM clearly says "until 23 Aug" and in fact the period started on 5 Aug. That's not long, really. It also assumes that we are actually having a summer... (sheltering from rain and high winds today!).
In the past I have seen evidence of gps 'jamming' on D208 as mentioned by Peter above.

It took the form of vertical rather than horizontal displacement

I'm guessing that if you can spoof an inbound munition into thinking its 400ft higher than it actually is, it will assuredly bump into something unimportant long before it reaches its intended target.

Rob P
GNSS is very easy to jam as the signal levels are so low, so this is not the real intent of trials like these. These GNSS jamming trials are all about testing anti-jamming technologies, obviously of particular interest to the military, but also of interest to future civil users interested in ensuring that their GNSS systems are resilient to jamming, either intentional or unintentional.

Iceman 8)
A le Ron, neilmurg, TheFarmer and 1 others liked this
Iceman wrote:GNSS is very easy to jam as the signal levels are so low, so this is not the real intent of trials like these. These GNSS jamming trials are all about testing anti-jamming technologies, obviously of particular interest to the military, but also of interest to future civil users interested in ensuring that their GNSS systems are resilient to jamming, either intentional or unintentional.

Iceman 8)

(Scales fall from eyes)