Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By buzzthetower
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Anyone know if it's possible to fly in to the Old Buckenham airshow? The website suggests it's PPR for members only, but surely they are based there so why would they fly in!?
By PeteSpencer
buzzthetower wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to fly in to the Old Buckenham airshow? The website suggests it's PPR for members only, but surely they are based there so why would they fly in!?

'Members only' includes members who are based elsewhere.(non residents)

Peter( member, non-resident). :wink:
By PeteSpencer
buzzthetower wrote:Ok, interesting concept. So I assume that's a no then, I can't fly in as not a member.

You could ring and check there maybe space available
I m not flying is as another group member has the Ac
Peter
By CloudHound
I flew in for the recent er, Fly in :D

Ignored all the slightly confusing stuff on the website and just booked a slot. No probs and the chap on the radio had all my details.

I was however one of only a handful so the slot system wasn't strained.

I believe space is at a premium on the airshow day so I would advise calling them on the dog sooner than later.
By Highland Park
CloudHound wrote:I flew in for the recent er, Fly in :D

Ignored all the slightly confusing stuff on the website and just booked a slot. No probs and the chap on the radio had all my details.

I was however one of only a handful so the slot system wasn't strained.

I believe space is at a premium on the airshow day so I would advise calling them on the dog sooner than later.

I seem to remember that was me :D

Ian
By Highland Park
buzzthetower wrote:Ok, interesting concept. So I assume that's a no then, I can't fly in as not a member.

It’s predominantly because space is limited. All the normal parking areas on the grass in front of the café and concrete hard standing at the rear are off limits to aircraft movements, being occupied by display aircraft and marquees (which are NOTAMed) (grass) and stalls/family rides/displays etc (concrete hard standing).

For the weekend, the grass area normally available to the north of the tarmac taxiway contains the fuel bowser, emergency vehicles and the mobile control caravan, used by the AGCS (Norwich SATCO, me and one other) and also the FCC will be positioned there, all of which reduces the grass area that would otherwise be available. Space also needs to be available to allow any of the display aircraft that require refuelling space to manoeuvre close to the fuel bowser. Whether post Shoreham airshow regs have any bearing on it too, I’m not in a position to comment.

Hope that helps...

Ian
Rob P liked this