Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Article here (in French) : https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/economi ... 1563343691

Nantes Airport has had a flying club since 1920 (long before it became a commercial operation).

One of the agreements for developing the airport was that the flying club could keep its clubhouse and apron space rent-free.

New owners Vinci have decided that needs to change and are now asking for 100,000 € per year in rent, and have threatened to seize aircraft it not paid.

What a bunch of *§%!@ !
Shades of Biggin Hill. Doubt if Vinci will make it work though. Rennes has the necessary capacity and infrastructure, as does Le Mans so there isn't a need for Nantes to start bringing Airbuses in. I can see them making a small fortune out of Aviation.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
tomshep wrote:Shades of Biggin Hill. Doubt if Vinci will make it work though. Rennes has the necessary capacity and infrastructure, as does Le Mans so there isn't a need for Nantes to start bringing Airbuses in. I can see them making a small fortune out of Aviation.

Err - they already have 80 or so departures a day to all over Europe and beyond.

I flew in there twenty years ago and was number two behind a 747.