Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Chilli, you're not the first person to mention that. We used Heritage FBO next to customs but no mention was made of the maple syrup :roll:. Possibly because we didn't buy anything before shooting off to Potsdam (KPTD). Down to New York City next, hopefully for a trip down the Hudson to Manhattan.

Potsdam (KPTD)

Potsdam to 39 N (Princeton, of university fame)

Vermont, before picking up flight following from Syracuse all the way to Princeton. Remind me why I love flying in the US.

Stormscope - it got a bit active en route. All ATC units were giving weather avoidance advice.

It got a bit busy approaching the NY area, working New York Approach.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
A mass arrival as we approached RIPON, the start of the approach procedure. We held at the lake there for some minutes. All pretty intense as approaches go.

A severe TS with GR warning is inbound. The weather is starting to get pretty vicious :shock:.

Iceman 8)
By Josh
Am v jealous of all the “I’m at Oshkosh” posts lighting up my Facebook at the moment. Have fun, and keep posting photos!
By Hooligan
I'm not jealous. Not a bit. Honest...

Send us more pics, preferably vintage or unusual types. Please! And have fun...

Weather in UK is excellent again after a brief hiccup.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote:If you decide to get a commercial flight back and the seat needs filling... :wink:

He is getting a commercial flight back. And the seat's already been filled. Not by me.

Righty-ho Misc...

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1707639#p1707639

Awful Charlie wrote:We're in the Northern 40 row 523 if anyone wants to come and say hello!

Look for the Texas flag and the red RV-8A, that's my friend Jay. He will have a party one evening.
By Iceman
They've closed the grass parking / camping to all but those with tundra tyres. Relatively quiet here at the moment as a consequence, but the sun is now out and things are picking up gradually.

Iceman 8)
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
Iceman wrote:They've closed the grass parking / camping to all but those with tundra tyres. Relatively quiet here at the moment as a consequence, but the sun is now out and things are picking up gradually.

Iceman 8)

Imagine that. Flying half way across the globe to sit in siópme Carp weather on a water sodden patch of mud.

Much rather be at home.

Honestly. Really.

Ok I am not honest! ;)
XX, Paul_Sengupta, Colonel Panic and 1 others liked this
By Iceman
The weather cleared to hot blue skies and everything dried out yesterday. The grass parking had been shut to all but those with tundra tyres but that was gradually relaxed during the day. There was then a catch-up period on the arrivals when Oshkosh ATC did what they do best, a constant stream of arrivals on multiple touchdown points on three runways simultaneously, incredible to watch and monitor on the radio. Mass arrivals of Harvards, Mooneys, Pipers, 30 to 40 at a time, warbirds everywhere with B25s, DC3s, B29, quite incredible to watch. We have had a few visitors at our tent so far, Adrian and Ben Twigs included :thumright:.

Iceman 8)
Waveflyer, richtyler, Charles Hunt and 3 others liked this