Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:The TB20 pilot had a rant about it on the Facebook group about how inconsiderate the red biplane's pilot had been, etc.

A lot of people took the mick for quite some time.

To be fair, although that YouTube caption video* was the funniest thing I'd seen for a long time, and the TB20 pilot did go a bit overboard by all accounts (and probably shouldn't have named and shamed), it was piss-poor airmanship on the part of the biplane guy.

__
* I couldn't find the link when I looked earlier. If someone has it, it would be good to see it again.
defcribed wrote:The AIC seems to have been put together by people who, quite simply, aren't very bright.

Less is more.

To be perfectly fair, the AIC was probably put together by someone who had to jump through 100's of CAA hoops. Just to make sure that the poo didn't come back and land on the regulators mat.

G-JWTP
The AIC seems to have been put together by people who, quite simply, aren't very bright.

Oi, I resemble that remark!

And the team at Sywell have put out a very good brief for years which works and hasn’t attracted negative comment previously.

This AIC results from interventions by the Regulator.
And that is a regulator who cannot manage simple arithmetic such as 1900+/- 200 =1700/2100.Time expired Air Force and these days not even ex Pilots/navigators but groundlings topping up their pensions and hoping for an MBE.There is no expertise left in the authority.But what can you expect from an organisation led by the “Queen of Quangos”
ak7274 liked this
It's very flattering to have received all the likes for the posting of the video above, but, I just googled "Youtube TB20 Sywell biplane" ! Credit goes to the video producer. I've never seen it before and have yet to view it with the sound on (still at work). :D
I'am late to the party, booked an early Saturday slot 08-38am, one of the few left available. My fourth rally. I read the brief thoroughly some days before, (printed copy with me on board) use common sense, use your eyes, never had a problem. Looking forward to the day
G-JWTP wrote:
defcribed wrote:The AIC seems to have been put together by people who, quite simply, aren't very bright.

Less is more.

To be perfectly fair, the AIC was probably put together by someone who had to jump through 100's of CAA hoops. Just to make sure that the poo didn't come back and land on the regulators mat.

G-JWTP

Well that's sort of my point - that it will be essentially a CAA production, and that they're a bit dim.
G-JWTP liked this
CloudHound wrote:
The AIC seems to have been put together by people who, quite simply, aren't very bright.

Oi, I resemble that remark!

And the team at Sywell have put out a very good brief for years which works and hasn’t attracted negative comment previously.

This AIC results from interventions by the Regulator.

Sort of my point, sorry if it wasn't clear.
Bill McCarthy wrote:described - you’ll be volunteering to compile the AIC next year then ? No, I didn’t think so !

If you like Bill, yes.

A healthy dose of common sense should do it. My comment is aimed largely at the regulator.