Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
User avatar
By alex calais LFAC
#1704745
Hi everyone,

With a very busy weekend, a pilot lost his ipad last Friday. is he here or does anyone know him? we found it in the grass next to the parking! that he contacts me with his callsign by PM :-D

There is a code to unlock so no false owners please :liar: :naughty: :cyclopsani:

See you soon :salut:

Alex
chipmeisterc, patowalker, pingmart and 9 others liked this
User avatar
By Rob L
#1704799
Well done to Alex to try to find the owner :D .

alex calais LFAC wrote:Hi everyone,

With a very busy weekend, a pilot lost his ipad last Friday. is he here or does anyone know him? we found it in the grass next to the parking! that he contacts me with his callsign by PM :-D

There is a code to unlock so no false owners please :liar: :naughty: :cyclopsani:

See you soon :salut:

Alex
kanga liked this
By BehyBill
#1704824
I have landed back one day after leaving my iPad at the briefing room, I would have done it mid-channel tbh, how the heck one is expected to fly without ForeFlight or SkyDemon these days :lol:
By patowalker
#1704888
Thanks for the tip. I just tried it on my old iPad and it works when connected to the internet. If the lost iPad was closed down, the passcode will be required to access Siri.

The question was answered with "I believe this iPad belongs to Donald" and my mobile number and email address came up on the screen.
User avatar
By jaycee58
#1704889
patowalker wrote:Thanks for the tip. I just tried it on my old iPad and it works when connected to the internet. If the lost iPad was closed down, the passcode will be required to access Siri.

The question was answered with "I believe this iPad belongs to Donald" and my mobile number and email address came up on the screen.


If you hold the home button for a couple of seconds, Siri will activate for anybody. It doesn't need need the passcode. Yes, looks like it does need an Internet connection though. Oh well, it was worth a try!
User avatar
By JonathanB
#1704903
jaycee58 wrote:If you hold the home button for a couple of seconds, Siri will activate for anybody. It doesn't need need the passcode. Yes, looks like it does need an Internet connection though. Oh well, it was worth a try!


It also depends on the "Allow Siri When Locked" setting being enabled.
jaycee58, patowalker liked this
#1706452
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Does this mean the owner has to fly back to get it? Win-win... :D


Yep :D with a very big smile :lol:
Paul_Sengupta liked this