Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By foxmoth
Yakovlevs wrote:We apply each year for a Rule 10(1) exemption. Operational minima are 3km vis and 200m separation between landing aircraft.

Is that as an airport operator or another capacity?
By riverrock
So options are
a) ATCU authorises based on their own procedures / safety case (eg military airfields (if covered by ANO), Prestwick).
b) Airfield without an ATCU applies for an exemption (perhaps for a specific display?).
c) A group of aircraft applies for an exemption (like @Yakovlevs have done).
By Wildcat One
Yakovlevs wrote:
As a display team -

How would the ATCO know that this was in place if you just pitched up somewhere and requested a formation landing - or does it only work at your home base and other nominated 'dromes? Apologies, if this has already been explained and I've been the dozy boy in class.
By Yakovlevs
Wildcat One wrote:Yakovlevs wrote:
As a display team -

How would the ATCO know that this was in place if you just pitched up somewhere and requested a formation landing - or does it only work at your home base and other nominated 'dromes? Apologies, if this has already been explained and I've been the dozy boy in class.

The short answer is that we forward a copy of our exemption and get clearance beforehand. Whether this is strictly necessary I do not know, but it's how we do it.