Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Cub

Spare a thought for our fellow aviators who got up this morning and started to brief this. I can feel a time delay coming on and the second window in use.
By johnm
Queens Birthday Flypast and the Weather.... took me a minute or two.... :oops: :roll:
By Awful Charlie
"Chaos" and "Kukri" I understood, but had to look up "Clart" - now I wonder which one it is meant to be?
By Talkdownman
johnm wrote:Queens Birthday Flypast and the Weather.... took me a minute or two....

Me too.

QBF = "Are you flying in cloud?"...

..."I am flying in cloud at ... flight level/altitude ... [and I am ascending (descending) to flight level/altitude
...]"
kanga liked this
By NickC
Awful Charlie wrote:"Chaos" and "Kukri" I understood, but had to look up "Clart" - now I wonder which one it is meant to be?

32 (The Royal) Squadron use "Claret" as a callsign. Looks like it was used by one of their 146s in the QBF. Military callsigns are often abbreviated to five characters, hence CLART instead of CLARET.
By Cub
Talkdownman wrote:
johnm wrote:Queens Birthday Flypast and the Weather.... took me a minute or two....

Me too.

QBF = "Are you flying in cloud?"...

..."I am flying in cloud at ... flight level/altitude ... [and I am ascending (descending) to flight level/altitude
...]"

TDM, you are so old school ;-)