Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By hatzflyer
My quote has just come in from Visicover. It is double last year .
Anyone else got a hike like that or recommend another insurer ?
By gyrotyro
Traffords. Speak to real human beings and get a fair price for the cover required. Other insurers are available.
By Rob P
Does this relate back to your tree-landing incident?

Rob P
By Lockhaven
Rob P wrote:Does this relate back to your tree-landing incident?

Rob P

I hope no trees were harmed while carrying out that manoeuvre
By ArthurG
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I used LAA Courtage this year and they were cheaper than Traffords and Visicover with equivalent cover.
By PeterMa
There are so many things that impact premium its impossible to say for sure what's affecting one aircraft or policy etc . I'm seeing a big hike in anything operating in any sort of commercial way - from schools to jump ops etc … and display cover is being asked for at much higher levels of liability that historically - even for low energy displays :(
By PeteSpencer
hatzflyer wrote:My quote has just come in from Visicover. It is double last year .
Anyone else got a hike like that or recommend another insurer ?

Traffords:
Our insurance this year is exactly the same as last year, even let our new member off the traditional hike in deductible.

They have always treated us fairly, even after a rapidly settled £34k claim 6 years ago

Peter
Martinbguk liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
If your insurance quote doubles, regardless of provider, I would suggest checking none of the details or coverage levels have been changed.

Ian
Charliesixtysix liked this
By James Chan
Maybe check:
- Has your home base or surrounding area had a recent history of thefts or vandalism?
- Has any pilots been involved in any incidents, claims or convictions?
- Has your particular make/model of aircraft been subject to higher than normal incidents?

Online instant quote forms are great as you can keep tweaking the boxes and work out the causes of your premium hike, and what you can adjust (e.g. change the excess, the aircraft, or not insure certain pilots) to help lower your premium.