Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
flybymike wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:Bill

I know someone in Yorkshire who does just that. He has been for years.

So do I; I wonder if it’s the same bloke...... :think:

Our local Maverick has been flying a flexwing around the local area for years.
North Yorkshire. It's rumoured that he once had a lesson. Nice guy. Waves to us :)
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:
Irv Lee wrote:I think the majority are working on getting 12 hours by the time of their next biennial instructor flight. In other words they have invented their own Sep rating future expiry as 2 years after their most recent training hour and don't worry about rolling validity

Thanks Irv. Given that all LAPLs are relatively recent I imagine the CAA will have email details for most holders, perhaps a handy email reminder ought to be considered?

Ian

But then how would you get to see the look of complete disbelief and incredulity?
The real fear would be if an insurance company ever understands it... I can't imagine any do. Anyone seen an aviation accident claim form recently? Is there anything that would worry a lapl holder who is out of validity? (Not that most would know anyway)
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Irv Lee wrote:But then how would you get to see the look of complete disbelief and incredulity?The real fear would be if an insurance company ever understands it... I can't imagine any do. Anyone seen an aviation accident claim form recently? Is there anything that would worry a lapl holder who is out of validity? (Not that most would know anyway)

I'm not sure what impact the 2015 Insurance Act has on this kind of thing (perhaps an insurer/broker might comment), but it seems to say insurers can't avoid paying claims because customers have breached an element of their policy that has no relevance to the claim.

Over the years I've heard a lot of people complaining about the CAA, EASA, NATS, various engineering companies and their suppliers, ATC, airfields and more, but I honestly can't remember anyone complaining that insurers have wriggled out of paying a claim. Does anyone have any direct experience of this that they'd be willing to talk about?

Ian
By Irv Lee
I actually agree, vut thought it better not to point out that cheques usually automatic by return of post whatever nonsense goes in, fron my observation.
So it comes back to the OP if neither tbe insurer or CAA are interested.
How ever, rather than the possivle fiction of pilot reports, what about them happily meeting a 3rd party action by relatives of a padsenger if/when they discover the pilot only did 3 flights in the past couple of years since an instructor flight when they are supposed to have had much more?
By Paul_Sengupta
Not really the aeroplane's fault, it was more down to the fact that my mother had cancer and I was looking after her until she died, then had to make other arrangements, not least of which is looking after my father. Getting the annual done on the aeroplane took a bit of a back seat.