Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Was visiting a friend who is in the process of putting his RV kit back together after countersinking and deburring. He is doing the full build himself but he has a buddy who is also doing their full build at the same time and they help each other when things require an extra set of hands (be they rivets, positioning things or moving things).
I hope all goes well!
G-JWTP liked this
I would love to have the money and the confidence to do something like this.

I remember Rob L saying when he was restoring G-BREY that you need another aeroplane to fly while you are building/restoring.

Bravo G-JWTP &kudos for doing this !
TheFarmer, G-JWTP, Rob L and 1 others liked this
G-JWTP wrote:your general sanity.

Nice aeroplane kit. So there is a sanity clause!

I tore something in my arm getting a similar box off a van (no, not off Van! One of these.) the other day. Not my kit, just helping out a friend. Or trying to before my arm gave way!

I had a weird dream recently. I was in a workshop when someone there (don't know who it was) said, "We need to assemble that engine", pointing to a large wooden box. I went over and had a look and it had "Rotax 913" written on it. I remember thinking, "What's a 913?!" I took the lid off and there was a fully laid out Rotax engine in bits, ready to be assembled.

Maybe I should eat less cheese.
kanga, G-JWTP, kingbing liked this
So Christmas has come and gone as well as my 'in-laws'.

So whilst they were in residence I could lock myself in my shed and get on with stuff.

We finished the rudder.

The stabilator.

An awful lot of rivets, luckily the holes all meet up!!

We are also a bit along with this.

But I did manage to 'cock up' this bit once . So I ordered another from Vans and it arrived in about 7 days. Along with a bill for shipping/VAT/Duty/and a handling charge for something or the other. Still you get to practice your riveting and fabrication skills.

Lastly I did have a peek a bit later in the build manual.
Somehow I'm going to make this.

And get it to fit in here!!

I must have been mad to think this was going to be easy!!

G-JWTP
PaulB liked this