Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By djtaylor
AirBP has a direct debit in £ but Total needs direct debit in €. My bank (HSBC) is unable to do that on a personal account so I have to move the money and pay a fee each time that I use the card but it is very convenient to have.
AirBP does have a UL 91 card but on Friday in Albert the shiny new pump had no fuel so it was back to avgas. AirBP is useful in most European countries.
By derekf
djtaylor wrote:AirBP has a direct debit in £ but Total needs direct debit in €. My bank (HSBC) is unable to do that on a personal account so I have to move the money and pay a fee each time that I use the card but it is very convenient to have.
AirBP does have a UL 91 card but on Friday in Albert the shiny new pump had no fuel so it was back to avgas. AirBP is useful in most European countries.

I've got a Revolut card I use when in Europe and I setup for Total to to DD out of it and that works fine.
By skydriller
I have also in Europe this last couple of years come across a "fuel handling" or fuel service" charge if you dont have a card and want fuelling. Which is basicly 25+ Euro for a guy to come out and swipe a card...

Orleans st Denis springs readily to mind. One doesnt mind a service charge if one gets service. Waiting 20 mins for a grumpy bloke with a card mumbling "Ca marche maintenant..." to arrive isnt service...especially when you called and specifically asked about fuel and it wasnt mentioned...

Regards, SD..