Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By welkyboy
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Definitely the 6th July, most of Normandy will be closed to GA traffic on the 6th June and Caen and Cherbourg are closed to visiting aircraft
By Iceman
Seats available from Blackbushe in a Seneca 3 if anyone fancies coming along.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
As Luc and Edith are retiring this year, and having provided a great service to aviators over the years, it would be fitting if we could arrange a retirement present for them, to be presented at their second BBQ in August. Does anyone want to volunteer to start a collection ?

Iceman 8)
By Mick Elborn
From the AOPA website and Facebook:

Our Contribution to the Community Award will be presented at a later date to Edith and Luc Dufour

Award: Luc and Edith Dufour. For over thirty years Luc and Edith have run the restaurant at Cherbourg Maupertus Airport in Normandy, Le Coucou de Forchette. They have provided an unfailing welcome and assistance to the Brits who make Cherbourg their first or last stop to clear Customs and Immigration when flying to and from the Continent. Luc and Edith are retiring at the end of this year. We wish them the very best for their retirement, they’ll be missed.

It is planned to present the award at either 6 July or 24 August BBQ
By Peter Gristwood
I think that is a good idea, but not being an AOPA member I wondered if there was another way of saying thank you...
By Charles Hunt
Iceman wrote:Seats available from Blackbushe in a Seneca 3 if anyone fancies coming along.

Iceman 8)

Yes please!! Zoe too if room.
Last edited by Charles Hunt on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman liked this
By Mick Elborn
It is really on behalf of GA regardless of any, or no, allegiances to Associations.

There is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be an additional Flyer Forum presentation.

Appropriately the trophy for this award was donated to AOPA by Flyer Magazine in 1997.
johnm liked this
By Iceman
Charles Hunt wrote:
Iceman wrote:Seats available from Blackbushe in a Seneca 3 if anyone fancies coming along.

Iceman 8)

Yes please!! Zoe too if room.

You're both in. Aircraft now full.

Iceman 8)
By Peter_G
It is planned to present the award at either 6 July or 24 August BBQ

I hope it is, appropriately, on Saturday 24 August - the last BBQ - because I have organised a Rochester Fly-In to Cherbourg for that day.
By Iceman
Can anyone confirm that Cherbourg currently has fuel, and if so, what payment methods ?

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
Thanks, that was my assumption. I don't have a Total card for the aircraft I'm flying this weekend.

Iceman 8)