Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
It will be NOTAMed, but the airfield will be closed to visitors Monday 29th April through Thursday May 2nd

This is to allow for the extension to the main runway to facilitate the proposed A380 Cathay Pacific service to Swaffham.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Tue May 14, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flyin'Dutch', JAFO, 2Donkeys and 9 others liked this
By Sooty25
Is there any info in the public domain about the extension? I'm assuming it is the East end? Last I heard the old runway not owned by Old Buck was sold at auction, and the new owners wanted to store stuff on it. What's changed?
Everything it would seem. The 'new' management have a different style to the old guard who were in perpetual conflict with the farmer. It appears we have seen the end of the famous haystack :shock:

Eastern end being extended to a total length notified as 800M

Runway markings will follow a few weeks later. Outlined in the newsletter below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im70tbmasaxhn ... 9.pdf?dl=0

Rob P
Sooty25, GAFlyer4Fun liked this
By Rob P
Yes, but we have dispensed with the triple level air bridge and will be using three John Deere front-loaders to embark and disembark passengers.

First Class passengers get the bucket with cushions, Business Class is bare metal but clean, Cattle Class have to take their chance with whatever the farmer it is borrowed off was shifting before they arrived.

Rob P
Maxthelion, db, Jonzarno and 1 others liked this
By Rob P
It is a DC-3 owned by a person or company called Percival apparently.

(I thought it was some strange typo too, and was soon put in my place)

Rob P
By Rob P
It will certainly provide a safety margin for those needing a bit more length (ooh missus)

Rob P