Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
CloudHound wrote:Begs the question about flights on Friday 1st Nov?

I've only skimmed through the document. What's the significance of that date?

It's the day we leave the EU? :shock:
Nick liked this
VRB_20kt wrote:Have I understood it correctly? The existing exemption is immediately revoked. So we appear to be bound by SERA until 30th April when this takes effect?

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

I don't think anything is immediate- the whole document is pre issued for validity from certain date. The cancellation is within that document, so comes into effect with the rest.
Answering in this thread but following new thread.

I'm a Redhill visitor and so interested in this issue with that in mind. I fly VFR in VMC <140kts and operate largely in Class D. Apart from visiting Redhill I have little need to enter Class G either to cross or land.

So cautious as ever, I'm trying to keep up with any changes that pose a risk of me falling foul of rules. I hadn't had the notification of consultation when I posted this link.

My point about Halloween was half flippant, half a question about post Brexit aviation here. And based on many conversations recently to which the answer is invariably "We don't know".