Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I remember getting 14 days no 9s and 21 days stoppage of leave for nearly missing the ship sailing.
To run concurrently meant “at the same time”. I did 14 days spud peeling/dish washing followed by the remaining 7 days reporting to Master at Arms. We were at sea for 20 days so I couldn’t go ashore for the first day.
Therefore it seems this prat will do a max of 42 months.
Working out how long you will be in prison. (PDF).

Prison Reform Trust wrote:If your sentence is more than 1 year but less than four years
• You will be released when you have served half your sentence.
• You will have to see someone from probation who will work with you and check you are
keeping to the rules in your licence.

More here.
By tomshep
Five people already had, Genghis. Every community has its rotten apples and this man appears to have been rotten to the core. 22 weeks for serious fraud seems to be ridiculously lenient.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
tomshep wrote:Five people already had, Genghis. Every community has its rotten apples and this man appears to have been rotten to the core. 22 weeks for serious fraud seems to be ridiculously lenient.

A very valid point, and I'm also very surprised at the leniency.

If that aircraft had come down on the M62, you could easily be looking at double-figures deaths.

G
SteveX wrote:https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/longer-sentence-for-poulton-air-crash-pilot-who-lied-to-insurers-1-10036023

After the judge passed sentence, Murgatroyd, of Windy Harbour Road, Poulton-le-Fylde, asked whether he could address the court.

"No Mr Murgatroyd, you can't," Judge Leeming said, sending him down

!

G
scd975 liked this