Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I believe they had signed a letter of intent for Max, but I am not aware of any deliveries. The fleet is 500, 800 and 900 if Wiki is to be trusted.

Rob P
I think 'apparent' is a good use of words @Iceman .

The Flightradar 24 vertical speed readout looks a bit suspect here

Rob P

Hastening to add that this was posted on Twitter. I am not morbid enough to seek out and replay accident flights. :snooty:
johnm, Flyin'Dutch', T6Harvard and 1 others liked this
It does look a bit like it went over onto its back on the last turn, we'll find out if, how and why very soon by the sound of it. In many respects, it would be better if it was a pilot going mad instead of a tech matter. It's all a bit grim.
Colonel Panic wrote:..
If there was a criminal conspiracy, one wonders whether the FAA ought to be fined a similar mount.

AIUI, Federal Agencies are exempt from Federal criminal penalties, although their employees are not :?
Back to the Max for a moment,

https://www.boeing.com/737-max-updates/ ... l-updates/

Boeings fix after more than a year is to change the software so it requires both AOA sensors to detect an excessive nose up condition and signal the nose down trim and that it will only activate once not continually. So a single failure now disables the system.
Begs the question if they hadn't fitted the system in the first place and just trained the pilots to recognise and recover from the over rotation handling characteristic would they have suffered the losses?
kanga liked this
Flyingfemme wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/doj-fines-boeing-over-2point5-billion-charges-it-with-fraud-conspiracy-over-737-max-crashes.html?fbclid=IwAR3gVwxALbJ2Msaros0602gPqYPlESos9vdiCJXMBKzammBzEq243i7HjqY
So, it seems that Boeing will just write a cheque and it’s all over. American justice at its best. Not.

The best legal system money can buy? :? :roll: