Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
For any developer to have not considered 'what happens when it gets to maximum value', particularly when this rollover has happened once before in GNSS history, is pretty unforgivable, particularly for a certified bit if kit such as from Avidyne. It does stink of a lack of rigour and competence, as stated by Steve.

Iceman 8)
By GrahamB
It does call into question the professionalism of their test team. For a developer to overlook something is one thing; for a test team to not create the appropriate set of test conditions for such an obvious known requirement is disgraceful.
By GolfHotel
NDB_hold wrote:Actual length of a year approx 365.2422 days
Old (Julian) calendar year was 365.2500
New (Gregorian) calendar year is 365.2425 - if you think about it.

Please Please tell me you didn't take my question seriously!
By neilmurg
GolfHotel wrote:Please Please tell me you didn't take my question seriously!
But you pointed it out. After looking at orbit and spin stability I noticed that Mercury has a 3:2 spin - orbit resonance AND is being pulled into collision with Venus by Jupiter, I've thought of little else.
When will that happen? As Manuel would say 'hhhhhheventually!' Best get as much flying in as soon as you can.
GolfHotel liked this
By PaulB
stevelup wrote:It’s was yesterday. Anything noteworthy happen?

Where am I?
By PeteSpencer
Tom Tom My Drive called me up on my computer and asked me to check my TomTom 5200.
It was unaffected.

Peter
By scd975
Iceman wrote: ... It does stink of a lack of rigour and competence, as stated by Steve.
Iceman 8)

Some computer systems built in the early 1960s had a single digit year field - they didn't expect the systems to still be in use 10 years later. That wasn't lack of competence - it was a significant saving in precious storage space.
By Iceman
Agreed, but the Avidyne systems in question were designed in the last few years to modern certifiable standards. Particularly bearing in mind that one rollover has already occurred, this lack of rigour in the design and verification processes for events that are guaranteed to happen does indeed stink of incompetence.

Iceman 8)