Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
With this sort of functionality surely people will realise the benefit of Electronic Conspicuity in the whole fleet?

Verbal Traffic Information has been introduced, so that all traffic of interest around you is communicated verbally.

Traffic that will come very close to you, or that is of general interest and within visible distance, is read aloud using similar phraseology that air traffic controllers offering a radar service would use. Obviously, this feature depends upon a traffic receiver being connected.

Verbal alerts are now issued while taxiing on the ground when you are about to enter a runway. This is designed to help prevent runway incursions and also to provide reassurance, when lining up, that you are doing so on the correct runway.

Navigation warnings now support spoken output. Previously, only sounds were associated with navigation warnings.

Now in Navigation Options you can set your preference to have sound only, speech only, or both (or neither).

Obstacle warnings have been refined so that they are less likely to be shown simply because you are in a descent. Your actual altitude must now be less than the defined safety height above the top of an obstruction in order to trigger a warning.
ls8pilot liked this
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have a feeling that so far as airborne warnings are concerned, I would probably prefer to continue using visual and alarm warnings rather than verbal which may take some thinking time to absorb and interpret rather than simply looking at an immediate image on a screen.
The ground warnings idea is excellent.
Nick, Shoestring Flyer liked this
While I am a big fan of SD, on my last two flights it did randomly crash out to the OS (Android) and have to be restarted. Once restarted it still had my position and my route and just carried on where it left off. There was no gap in the recorded logs.

Strange.
kestrel539 liked this
Dave Phillips wrote:Yep........ and graphical NOTAMs. In the meantime, all SD need is a full IFR planning capability with route generator. :)

Why would a VFR flight planning app need full IFR planning capability?
PaulB wrote:
Dave Phillips wrote:Yep........ and graphical NOTAMs. In the meantime, all SD need is a full IFR planning capability with route generator. :)

Why would a VFR flight planning app need full IFR planning capability?

I don’t know, but why would the same VFR planning app offer georeferenced instrument approach plates? :)