Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
CloudHound wrote:
Not only is my part of the RV-6 based 180 nm north of home

Where's the rest of it?

Rob P
PaulB liked this
By Miscellaneous
chipmeisterc wrote:...I was lucky enough to take my 4yr old Son up for his first flight on Sunday...
Future aerobatic pilot in the making!

What, 4yrs old, training for aeros and without a training wheel? :shock:

Sky God in the making, I'd say! :D

Cracking pic, a memory likely to compete with your first solo for top spot. :thumleft:

@PaulB :tongue: :wink: :-D
By CloudHound
In very close formation Rob. Well it was when I last enquired!

btw there’s a great group of RVers at Barton now and the recent A2A pics are incredible.

I’ll try to clip them from FB later.
Rob P, rob737 liked this
By PaulB
Iceman wrote:PaulB, your response to what most people would see as a jovial comment seems to be totally misplaced and somewhat puerile in its own right.

Perhaps you're right - I maybe did lower my standards when I should have ignored the comment / joke which has been made many, many times before.

There's a balance to be struck between banter and inclusivity - I guess everyone has their view as to where this is.
Iceman, Waveflyer liked this
By Rob P
PaulB wrote:There's a balance to be struck between banter and inclusivity

But taildragging isn't about exclusivity. Anyone can (and should) join. :D

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PaulB
Rob P wrote:
PaulB wrote:There's a balance to be struck between banter and inclusivity

Buy taildragging isn't about exclusivity. Anyone can (and should) join. :D

The point I was making was not about any type of aeroplane, but you all know that :-)
Rob P liked this
By Miscellaneous
PaulB wrote:The point I was making was not about any type of aeroplane, but you all know that :-)

Nah, but the point you were making, IMO, was unnecessary and detrimental to the forum. :D
By PaulB
Miscellaneous wrote:
PaulB wrote:The point I was making was not about any type of aeroplane, but you all know that :-)

Nah, but the point you were making, IMO, was unnecessary and detrimental to the forum. :D

Seriously? The point I was making is that the forum should be less cliquey and more inclusive and welcoming of others. Are you suggesting that it should become more cliquey and less welcoming or are you criticising the way in which I made my point?

As I said, other views are available. I still think that the training wheel comment was a bit unnecessary - it's almost like a comedian that only knows one joke that you've hear a million times before.

That's where I am... I'm out on this discussion now.
By Miscellaneous
My apologies if I misunderstood your unclear point, Paul. My bad! :oops:

I had interpreted your point as being directed at an individual who had quite innocently made a jovial post in what was a very upbeat thread. So, in effect I read it that you were being less welcoming.

Somewhat ironic that the pic in question was taken from an aircraft with a training wheel.

Once again, my apologies.

It's a shame this thread has taken this turn, I'm going to email the mods and ask for the negative posts, including this one, to be removed.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
:lol:

The only negative ones were by Paul! Everyone else who’s posted understands the meaning of a bit of relaxed humour.

As an aside, why do RV’s have such rearward raked main gear legs?