Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Sooty25
If it wasn't all some kind of con or tax loss, they would have all gone bust years ago. I wonder if all the players are stood down on Statutory Sick Pay at the moment?
Last edited by Sooty25 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sooty25 wrote:I wonder if all the players are stood down on Statutory Sick Pay at the moment?

Now that did make me smile. :lol:

I wouldn't worry though, if things get tough the clubs will just ask fans for donations to subsidise player salaries. :wink: I doubt they will be short of donations.
Sooty25 liked this
By Gertie
FlarePath wrote:2: Not a lot to do apart from a Mayday and land as soon as....

One might also:

Suspect CO and act accordingly.

Which is what? Turn off the cabin heat, turn off any cabin air you suspect might come from forward of the firewall, open external air vents, open the windows if possible/allowed, what else?
By Stu B
Which is what? Turn off the cabin heat, turn off any cabin air you suspect might come from forward of the firewall, open external air vents, open the windows if possible/allowed, what else?

My SOP (written down, because if influenced by CO I think I need all the support I can give myself) is also to poke a (preferably gloved) hand out of the DV window and position it to act as effectively as possible as an air scoop to deflect air into the cabin. (My only other cabin air vents are - as is I think very common - fed from a duct that passes though the engine compartment and contains air that is a controlled mix of cold air and air from the exhaust shroud. So that has to be set to COLD and also to OFF.)
But actually I think I probably ought to add "Declare a PAN and land as soon as reasonably practical".
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I admit I don’t have specific actions if CO suspected in my c/list - will have to update my c/list.

I have a portable electronic CO detector in my a/c. I might buy another to live in my flight bag.
By defcribed
Could also consider reducing power to minimum as that will reduce the amount of CO produced. If I had a decent amount of altitude I would be inclined to chop the power and accept the descent as inevitable.
By FlarePath
You dont really need anything fancy like detectors, reducing power, turning of heaters etc just carry a bit of rubber hose in your bag and stick it out the window if needed and breath through that simples... :D
By PeteSpencer
FlarePath wrote:You dont really need anything fancy like detectors, reducing power, turning of heaters etc just carry a bit of rubber hose in your bag and stick it out the window if needed and breath through that simples... :D

If only.......

I assume this is a pi ss-take.

But if it's not , it takes a bloody sight more than fresh air to shift the CO from the carboxyhaemoglobin formed in your red cells.

Even a couple of weeks immersed in seawater won't do it..... :roll:

Peter
mikehallam liked this
By Stu B
Fair comment (and a sobering thought) but presumably the effect is cumulative as the level in the blood builds up; the portable detectors are very sensitive and very prompt action should nip the problem in the bud before any serious concentration in the blood has built up?
By G-JWTP
PeteSpencer wrote:
FlarePath wrote:You dont really need anything fancy like detectors, reducing power, turning of heaters etc just carry a bit of rubber hose in your bag and stick it out the window if needed and breath through that simples... :D

If only.......

I assume this is a pi ss-take.

But if it's not , it takes a bloody sight more than fresh air to shift the CO from the carboxyhaemoglobin formed in your red cells.

Even a couple of weeks immersed in seawater won't do it..... :roll:

Peter

Doesn't a decompression chamber work ?

G-JWTP