Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be ;-)

Spanish owned airline gets the Irish to paint an American Aeroplane in the colours of a defunct British airline. :D
VictoryRoll, Nick, rikur_ and 2 others liked this
By Rob P
@Josh, BEA livery is also planned by all accounts.

Rob P
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Didn't BA try this misguided, expensive exercise some years ago when painting their aircraft tails like something out of a child's sketch pad ? To me, there is nothing more professional looking than a uniform colour scheme across the fleet. Do BA seriously believe that anyone gets on a commercial aircraft because of the way that it is painted :roll: ?

Iceman 8)
PaulSS liked this
By Rob P
CloudHound wrote:Wonder what changed their minds?

The stated reason is marking a centenary

Rob P
By Chris Martyr
Iceman wrote:Didn't BA try this misguided, expensive exercise some years ago when painting their aircraft tails like something out of a child's sketch pad ?

You're damn right there Iceman ! And the only person who had the balls to rail against it was a little old lady with a handbag attending a trade conference , who walked up to the BA trade-stand and covered the tail of the model display aircraft with a napkin .

Luckily , after many thousands of similar complaints , they [for some reason] listened to this old girl and took her advice and at the same time , a certain Mr R. Ayling was sent off on his bike .

The big difference though , is that this old BOAC styled livery , is not something out of a child's sketch pad . It's a proper airline livery/identity . Something that has gone amiss in this age of virtual airlines and everything being outsourced .

I just hope that my final year[s] with a certain other , 'nearly large' airline , will see their B.747 liveries come into a similar line of uniformity .

Not holding my breath on that one though . :wink: