Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Harsh. I have to talk to them more than I ever thought would be necessary for my simple aircraft, and I think they're friendly and pretty hard working. The problem is that a lot of that activity seems to involve over complicated processes for simple things - creating delay and frustration for the customer.

Request to CAA: when Mark Swan goes, appoint a proper civvy. Andrew Haines did a lot of good.
Sir Morley Steven wrote:She holds an ATPL and already works for the CAA.
Welcome Rachel, not an easy gig in these times!

I stand corrected - CAA said "qualified pilot" on Twitter, as they didn't add any "higher" caveats I assumed PPL, clearly incorrectly.

This only strengthens her suitability for the post, of course.

G
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
G-JWTP wrote:
G-BLEW wrote:Excellent choice!

Ian,

How about releasing the post that you removed from a previous thread about the GA Unit.

I was half way through when my browser refreshed and you had removed it.

G-JWTP :D :D

No thanks, but I can assure you that none of the content referred to Rachel Gardner-Poole.

Ian
Irv Lee, Dave W liked this
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:
G-BLEW wrote:Excellent choice!

Ian,

How about releasing the post that you removed from a previous thread about the GA Unit.

I was half way through when my browser refreshed and you had removed it.

G-JWTP :D :D

No thanks, but I can assure you that none of the content referred to Rachel Gardner-Poole.

Ian

Go on!!!

It was just starting to read like a new script from 'Yes Minister'.

G-JWTP
Big fan of Rachel who is an extremely talented individual. Worked closely with her at QinetiQ when I was Director of Aerospace Training after specifically poaching her from another area - capable, bright, driven, enthusiastic, approachable, problem solver and somebody who makes thing happen.

Very good news for GA.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
Also good that it is someone who is younger (I think) than the average forumite and not a bloke.

We need more women in leadership roles in aviation.

chevvron wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:You may know more than is in the press release but that doesn't mention that she is a PPL holder.

Says 'she learnt to fly'.
I learnt to fly in Air Cadet gliders in 1964 but that didn't give me a PPL.

If she was 14 when learning to fly gliders in 1964 , that would mean being born in 1950.
Same year as my wife and she tells me she's 69
Admittably my wife looks a lot younger than most of the forumites I meet.