Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Pudnucker
500hr mag check required on my Conti IO-520.. Duly sent my mags to QAA in the USA for overhaul..

A week later and over a couple of thousand dollars later they arrive and are fitted. During test flight rough running engine and then during mag test back on the ground left mag dead cut..

So these quality components from an FAA certified organisation both had workmanship errors.. the RH mag had an incorrectly inserted spring and incorrectly crimped terminal. The LH was the SAME. This almost resulted in a double mag failure.

I contacted QAA. They’ve failed to respond despite two reminders. QAA = don’t give a sh*t about their customer’s safety or decent customer service.

I would recommend avoiding this bunch of incompetent service suppliers.

P!ssed off! Good luck to the UK agent for this bunch of sheisters.. :!:
By Awful Charlie
Unfortunately you are far from the first to have suffered at the hands of QAA. Although I have not used them, I am aware of many others who have (not only for magnetos) and subsequently regretted it. As they hold FAA certifications, I suggest you file a SDR with the FAA and with any luck QAA will either get their act together or have their certification pulled