Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
A very poignant story on BBC this morning.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... e-46738576

Told by a survivor who was a young lad when a USAF bomber crashed in a park killing the crew because the pilot appeared to deliberately avoid children playing.

There is a call for a flypast on 22nd Feb. the 75th anniversary. It is highly probable that the USAF or RAF will respond but not a certainty.

Is there any forumite in the area that could make enquiries and even offer our own humble contribution if it is needed?
The B17, Sally B will do flypasts whenever possible and affordable; a gofundme to donate some fuel would be the obvious answer. [Edit: She's in deep maintenance]

Next step down would be the RAF and an overflight by the Lancaster enroute, which obviously depends on its commitments that day [Almost certainly the same issue as Sally B]

USAFE and a C130?

Red Arrows flyby wouldn't seem to be particularly relevant, but better than a GA gaggle.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sally B did a 20 minute flypast and display at Knettishall when the two ‘wings’ of the Memorial bearing all the names of Airmen lost were consecrated with religious service attended by USAF bigwigs a few years ago. It was not cheap (I heard £3k) And was paid for by the Friends of the 388th BG Association in the US .

Peter
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Failing anything else, we might be able to put a Bulldog formation together to perform a missing man. We've done several of these over the years for various memorial unveiling ceremonies and we were on the telly once. As we were bussed (by taxi!) to the event after the fly-past, the security guard at the gate asked for our autographs! :lol: Since one of our team was a graphic designer, we always had a set of certificates which we'd sign and give to the families for these events, so we gave the guard one of these!
Waveflyer, kanga liked this
Robin500 wrote:I believe Rob L of this parish knows the guy with the Beech 18, I believe they have done this kind of thing before. Might be worth asking.

I do, but I believe said aircraft will be in for annual at that time :( in anticipation of a busy airshow season this year
Robin500 liked this