Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
User avatar
By karlbown
#1662459
But that doesn’t help as you wouldn’t have access to cloud saved routes, settings etc. I never use SD on a computer but I do have two tablets and a phone I run it on. I’d happily pay a slightly enchanted subscription charge to allow me to run it on an additional iDevice
PeteSpencer liked this
User avatar
By PeteSpencer
#1662466
karlbown wrote:But that doesn’t help as you wouldn’t have access to cloud saved routes, settings etc. I never use SD on a computer but I do have two tablets and a phone I run it on. I’d happily pay a slightly enchanted subscription charge to allow me to run it on an additional iDevice


While I kinda agree with you , it sticks in my craw to be effectively paying for four iterations but only having the kit to receive three.

Still not sure why 3x tablet and 1x PC versions would be disallowed.

You never know , Tim might appear with an explanation

Peter
User avatar
By GrahamB
#1662472
Personally, it really isn't a problem for me to be restricted to two mobile devices. One primary, one for backup, and if the worst was to happen, the phone will get me to destination or to the nearest airfield without being logged in.

People will take the pee - I know of at least one group who tried to share a single SD account - and if one wants quality software, data from warranted sources, and good support all from a company who are in it for the long game it needs to be paid for.
kanga, townleyc, FrankS and 1 others liked this
User avatar
By Trent772
#1662481
PeteSpencer wrote:Yes.

If you try and log in with a third iThingy it drops one of the others, I believe the one that logged in the longest time ago.Peter



I see the Christmas Avatar has gone :lol: :lol:
User avatar
By Waveflyer
#1662497
PeteSpencer wrote: While I kinda agree with you , it sticks in my craw to be effectively paying for four iterations but only having the kit to receive three.

Still not sure why 3x tablet and 1x PC versions would be disallowed.

You never know , Tim might appear with an explanation

Peter

Peter
I think your criticism of Tim is a bit uncharitable. You signed up to a deal which now sticks in your craw and are pressuring for an explanation.
My take is that Tim has been pretty generous with the probable useage of his product and seems to have got most things right for the vast majority of his customers.
There may be better ways of persuading him to change his offer.
GrahamB, kanga, neilmurg and 1 others liked this
User avatar
By Dave W
#1662502
WhirlyGreyGit wrote:For what reason?

You'd be able to have as many active mobile devices as you like provided they were within close (15-20 feet) proximity


I've left my phone at home - can't use the tablet.

Battery is flat on the tablet - can't use the phone.

etc.
By WhirlyGreyGit
#1662504
Not at all, it would merely treat all Bluetooth connected devices as one.

It's to stop usage in multiple locations at the same time.

In your scenario it'd work exactly as it does today.
User avatar
By PeteSpencer
#1662530
Waveflyer wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote: While I kinda agree with you , it sticks in my craw to be effectively paying for four iterations but only having the kit to receive three.

Still not sure why 3x tablet and 1x PC versions would be disallowed.

You never know , Tim might appear with an explanation

Peter

Peter
I think your criticism of Tim is a bit uncharitable. You signed up to a deal which now sticks in your craw and are pressuring for an explanation.
My take is that Tim has been pretty generous with the probable useage of his product and seems to have got most things right for the vast majority of his customers.
There may be better ways of persuading him to change his offer.


Slightly predictable and characteristically off beam response from you WF.

I’m not criticising Tim at all in fact if you look back over the years on here and on Facebook I have had nothing but fulsome praise for Tim, his team and his product and still have the same opinion . He and Rob have on several occasions dealt personally with my requests for advice and permission to use SD screenshots in our airstrip safety briefing

I’m not asking for anything ‘extra ‘ for my money , merely to moot the possibility of a re-jig of output .

IIRC when I signed up to my sub many years ago as soon as SD became available for iStuff ,there was nary a restriction on number of devices to be used.

If anything I am guilty of voicing my opinion on here rather than keeping my counsel and contacting Tim direct,

Oh and Tim is completely immune from being pressured, neither do I intend to try to persuade him in any direction .

Peter :twisted:
User avatar
By Waveflyer
#1662549
PeteSpencer wrote:I’m not asking for anything ‘extra ‘ for my money , merely to moot the possibility of a re-jig of output .
Peter :twisted:


Much nicer :D