Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By GolfHotel
I’d be happy to swap a ride in an RV7 or a Cirrus for anything interesting. I’m at Dunkerswell but happy to travel. Gyro would be particularly interesting.

@Paul_Sengupta would you be interested and or fit the RV7? It has a bulldog engine. Might be interesting to compare.
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
A flight in an R22 or a Eurostar in exchange for any biplane or a Gazelle (very hopeful on that one). I’m in the Midlands.
By Genghis the Engineer
GolfHotel wrote:I’d be happy to swap a ride in an RV7 or a Cirrus for anything interesting. I’m at Dunkerswell but happy to travel. Gyro would be particularly interesting.

@Paul_Sengupta would you be interested and or fit the RV7? It has a bulldog engine. Might be interesting to compare.

I'd love a go in an RV7, if the Monsun interests you?

G
The Kissimmee Bum liked this
By flyingeeza
Cessna57 wrote:
chipmeisterc wrote:Love this!

Will trade a PA28 flight for a ride in a Spitfire :lol .

:thumleft: I’ll take you up on that,

I have a PA28 at Duxford, where is your Spitfire based ?

:lol: :lol: Cheeky! Happy New Year!
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
GolfHotel wrote:@Paul_Sengupta would you be interested and or fit the RV7? It has a bulldog engine. Might be interesting to compare.

I might try and see if I can fit in the 7. I can just, barely, get my head under the canopy in an 8, and I think I once tried sitting in a 6 where I had to had my head cocked slight to one side. Never flown in any of them. I would like to. There's also the weight and balance issue. I'm 140kg. Probably 145 after Christmas....

When I get my permit back I'll have a flight down to Dunkeswell to have a go.

You're welcome to a flight in the 'dog regardless, as is everyone else!
By GolfHotel
Genghis the Engineer wrote:
GolfHotel wrote:I’d be happy to swap a ride in an RV7 or a Cirrus for anything interesting. I’m at Dunkerswell but happy to travel. Gyro would be particularly interesting.

I'd love a go in an RV7, if the Monsun interests you?

G

To be fair all flying interests me. Don’t need much of an excuse to fly. But I’ve never been in a Monsun so would like to try. Will drop you a PM.
By GolfHotel
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
GolfHotel wrote:@Paul_Sengupta would you be interested and or fit the RV7? It has a bulldog engine. Might be interesting to compare.

I might try and see if I can fit in the 7. I can just, barely, get my head under the canopy in an 8, and I think I once tried sitting in a 6 where I had to had my head cocked slight to one side. Never flown in any of them. I would like to. There's also the weight and balance issue. I'm 140kg. Probably 145 after Christmas....

When I get my permit back I'll have a flight down to Dunkeswell to have a go.

You're welcome to a flight in the 'dog regardless, as is everyone else!

I’m not sure how much head room there is in the 7. But the original builder was well over 6 feet tall. I’m not slim and it might well be shoulder space would be very tight. W&B should be OK as she is light and well balanced. Let me know when you have your permit back.
By sky_high30
Sounds fun. Gilder (ASK13 or Acro III, or potentially vintage Capstan), motor glider or Robin DR400.

Swap for anything interesting. Tailwheel, Radial, etc.
By insink
chipmeisterc wrote:Love this!

Will trade a PA28 flight for a ride in a Spitfire :lol:

Alternatively - RV8 flight for a ride in something tandem and open cockpit (the quirkier the better) or a glider - always wanted to try.

Happily give you a glider flight winch and aerotow . Where are you based?
I'm at Rattlesden
And happy to extend the offer to others.....
By carlmeek
Ride swaps is back!!

I can offer RV10 or Gazelle in exchange for anything aerobatic, vintage, or otherwise interesting!

I’m an FI/CRI so could even do a sneaky biennial at the same time if anyone needs that.
By defcribed
carlmeek wrote:I can offer RV10 or Gazelle in exchange for anything aerobatic, vintage, or otherwise interesting!

Does a Vagabond tick the vintage box for you? Or were you looking for something older than that?
By Genghis the Engineer
carlmeek wrote:Ride swaps is back!!

I can offer RV10 or Gazelle in exchange for anything aerobatic, vintage, or otherwise interesting!

I’m an FI/CRI so could even do a sneaky biennial at the same time if anyone needs that.

For some reason never did get together with GolfHotel to swap goes in his RV (and would still love to) but have reasons I would love to have a good look at an RV10 if you fancy a go in a Monsun. Will drop you a line later.

G
By Iceman
Myself and Carl had a superb ride swap as a consequence of this thread. Lunch in Alderney in the Seneca for Carl. On return to Blackbushe, east to Oxshot, north to overhead Heathrow with several hovers to hold over the airport, north to Northolt, south east back to the Thames, and all the way down the Thames through central London to the Isle of Dogs, exiting south towards Biggin and home to the Bushe. Superb !

Iceman 8)
carlmeek, Kittyhawk, Paul_Sengupta and 2 others liked this