Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Something extremely unsettling about this whole event, the mainstream media seem to have dropped the story completely. Some really odd conspiracy theories circulating on the www, I think we deserve some honest explanation from the government.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
avtur3 wrote:the mainstream media seem to have dropped the story completely

Why wouldn't they? The airport has got back to normal, the story is over.

The event is over ... the story is far from over.

Either we have the UK's second busiest airport brought to a halt by malicious use of hobby technology, which then implicates our security services in being 100% incompetent.

Or there is something more to this than hobby technology in which case there is a likelihood we are not being told the truth.

Yes, the event is over ... the story is not.
Robin500 liked this
Colonel Panic wrote:Maybe it was done by the French company Vinci in an attempt to lower the cost of buying the airport.

I'm not sure what the bigger crime is, the drone incursions, the cover ups or a significant piece of UK infrastructure being owned by foreign corporations. :(

Typo edited, must put glasses on!
Last edited by Sooty25 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The risk is incalculable. How much nerve agent can a drone carry? Do you want to shoot it down and find out? Yes, almost certainly a hoax but how do you deal with it if that is the threat. Person or persons unknown clearly engaged in some sort of threatening behaviour and so far, the security services appear flat footed. I expect their endeavours will now be diligent thorough and secretive and I don't expect it to happen again.
Sooty25 wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:Maybe it was done by the French company Vinci in an attempt to lower the cost of buying the airport.

I'm not sure what the bugger crime is, the drone incursions, the cover ups or a significant piece of UK infrastructure being owned by foreign corporations. :(

Not reviewing your post before hitting the "send" button is the even "bugger" crime :shock:
Colonel Panic, Sooty25 liked this
Rob L wrote:
Sooty25 wrote:

I'm not sure what the bugger crime is, the drone incursions, the cover ups or a significant piece of UK infrastructure being owned by foreign corporations. :(

Not reviewing your post before hitting the "send" button is the even "bugger" crime :shock:

Yes, need to put glasses on!