Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PaulB
I know what your point was..... just try extending it to other scenarios and you’ll soon see how silly it is.

Just because you are rich enough and have the opportunity to fly everyday doesn’t mean that your opinion is morally superior to someone else’s. It doesn’t even mean that it’s any more informed.
By Nomad63
That’s the thing with the internet I suppose. It’s easy to believe that the loudest and most frequently heard voice is the voice that speaks with the most wisdom and authority on a subject.

Same thing happens down the Pub, but at least they can blame the Stella :D
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I know what your point was..... just try extending it to other scenarios and you’ll soon see how silly it is.

Well Paul, if you spend as much time on the keyboard in your avatar as you do (always being right) on the one you’re typing on now, I’ll look forward to your next concert in the Albert Hall. :wink:
By Joe Dell
I'd happily have a beer with the low flyer, and have a quiet word if I'd witnessed his antics. I wouldn't give house room to the snitch who thought he had something to gain by dobbing him in. Same goes for his supporters. :twisted:
By PaulB
Isn’t it all a matter of degree, isn’t it? If say, your car’s dash cam recorded someone speeding on an otherwise empty road would you do something?

If it was someone doing 150mph who caused an accident further down the road, and the police appealed for footage, what would you do?

If your footage recorded a hit and run......?

What about if someone died in the hit and run and your dash cam caught the event?
By Flyin'Dutch'
TheFarmer wrote:My point is that having done a bit of in-house research, the vocal strength of opinion that some seem to have on certain topics seems to be rather less backed up by actual hands-on credibility than they would like us to believe.

If I popped out to cycle 300 yards to collect the Sunday morning croissants on my Raleigh Chopper every other weekend, would I be justified to contribute on a cycling forum and criticise someone who’d been cycling pretty much weekly for thrirty years for something he’d done wrong?

That’s the thing with the internet I suppose. It’s easy to believe that the loudest and most frequently heard voice is the voice that speaks with the most wisdom and authority on a subject.

I will pick up those cudgels.

Not sure why you think that only those with a lot of flying experience can contribute to a thread on low flying.

More hours flying no doubts equates to flying experience, not sure if it necessarily equates to be being a better pilot.

What this thread does show that people can be pretty ignorant irrespective of flying experience.

And yes I would have been very happy to do some more flying of recently, had a fairly major issue to sort out, things are looking up though so hopefully more soon.
By Gertie
TheFarmer wrote:If I popped out to cycle 300 yards to collect the Sunday morning croissants on my Raleigh Chopper every other weekend

That's not something I would do - by the time I'd faffed around with getting the bike out of the shed, unlocking it, putting the gear on, locking it at the other end etc it'd be quicker to walk. 500 yards I'd probably cycle, 400 would probably be the break-even point.
By Nick
Somebody broke the law, low flying. Admitted their guilt and was dealt with. Ok that's that.

Does it really warrant 187 posts? :roll: Daily Mail material surely. :lol:

Nick