Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Graham56
December's AAIB has a report on a C42 main undercarriage failure.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _12-18.pdf

The end of the report states:

"While other aircraft types, such as the Pietenpol Air Camper, have experienced issues with undercarriage rod end bearing failures, this was the first such Ikarus C42 incident notified to the aircraft type’s CAMO. The CAMO would continue to monitor component failure trends and would take action should rod end reliability become a cause for concern. "

I thought a CAMO was only for EASA types and that PtF Annex II types didn't have them.

What have I misunderstood?

Cheers,

Graham
By tomshep
The rose joint carrier is rivetted into the drag tube. I have known one to be loose before and it was picked up by a BMAA inspector.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ak7274 wrote:The C42 isn't annexe II.
It's a factory built microlight.

All microlights were Annex II and are now Annex I.

However, the distributor
TLAC is a full EASA Part M Maintenance facility, it maintains and manages single and twin engine aircraft up to 5,700kg and rotary wing. Operating continuously providing aircraft maintenance at Little Snoring Airfield since 1991 has the depth and breadth of knowledge second to none. Whether you have the latest Piper or a historic Cessna TLAC can ensure a premium service for your aircraft, and if you own a National Permit based aircraft, CAA or LAA, we have the engineers and knowledge to ensure the same high level of care and maintenance.

Follow the link below for more information on Aircraft Management and Maintenance.