Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By carlmeek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I already have a lovely quote from FuelProof for a 2000 litre towed aviation bowser. £17,100. Go figure.
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Do you get Helidata?
If not look on their web site as there are often ads there for s/h bowsers.
By Lockhaven
carlmeek wrote:I already have a lovely quote from FuelProof for a 2000 litre towed aviation bowser. £17,100. Go figure.

IIRC that 20000 litre fuel truck I posted details of earlier was around £13000.
By proteus
Having just bought a 1000 litre site tank from Fuel proof for a little over 1/10th of the avgas bowser figure I can confirm that Fuelproof make very nice units. There are a couple of their avgas and jeta bowsers at the airfield and they also seem nicely put together.

I understand that Cheiftain trailers make a towable aviation bowser which may be significantly cheaper.
By MikeW
carlmeek wrote:I already have a lovely quote from FuelProof for a 2000 litre towed aviation bowser. £17,100. Go figure.

:shock: I did wonder if they might be like that! :lol:

Did you do your trip today? Lovely conditions.
By carlmeek
Today was such a fantastic flying day! Perfect weather once the fog cleared.

We decided to do some sightseeing through the London Heli-lanes and land at Rochester for fuel. My first time flying the lanes, and it went perfectly. Skydemon was brilliant, giving the heights for segments (something that the AIP entry doesn't give - you have to read the text and then write heights on the chart yourself). Heathrow Radar was equally brilliant, and we didn't even have to slow down once - the clearances just came as they were needed.

Once at Rochester my friend who flies in the Air Ambulance invited us to pop over to Redhill to say hello. We flew in, landed on the Heli-med helipad and met the fantastic team and they all had a good look in the Gazelle!

Some incredible photos.... it was quite surreal to look down past my feet at the top of the London eye!

It was very windy taking that last photo, that thing creates a hell of a rotor wash!

Youtube video being edited as we speak...
kanga, Tim Dawson, nallen and 9 others liked this
By Dave W
Oh, I think the uncertainty might be such that it requires an on-site product inspection, Tim. :D

Carl, that's marvellous. I reckon I can see the "worth every penny" thinks bubble in one of those shots. ;)
Rob L liked this
By carlmeek
Was it you I heard taking off on Deanland 06 today Donald?

And Tim - I turned the warnings off (400ft separation). I knew they'd be annoying otherwise - just got one I think.

Tomorrow we'll be visiting Phoenix Helicopters in Lee-on-Solent. Lets hope somebody's got their camera ready :)

I just found my flight on FR24. Not very accurate! My flight definitely wasn't what's shown here...
Lockhaven liked this
By rats404
Having not flown for a while (work, weather, life etc.), it is great to see you enjoying the Gazelle, especially with such great photos. Thanks for sharing matey.
By carlmeek
The full answers are in the Heathrow AIP textual data. Quite a lot to read. But in a nutshell...(from memory!)...

The height varies. In general single engine helicopters are exempt from glide clear but still need to pay attention to the 500ft rule. Heights along the route are maximums, and pilots are requested to be as high as possible to reduce noise, and to fly along the right hand side of the riverbank. Quite a bit of the route was 1000ft max, increasing to 1500 and 2000. Despite this I was cleared “not above 1300” for the sector approaching isle of dogs and then southbound to exit the zone. Some sections are down at 800 but not on the route I flew. The easiest way to view it is to look in skydemon settings and turn on helicopter routes, then you can see it clearly laid out.

Video is still uploading so that will have to wait until tomorrow!