Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My PA 28 lived outside for years under a Cambrai cover, nothing but praise for their service and product quality.
By Shoestring Flyer
I've had a number of Cambrai covers over the years and for my last couple of aircraft I have had Vertigo covers.
Both are excellent people to deal with and make good aircraft covers.
Michael at Cambrai makes an excellent hard wearing cover but the last couple of times I have needed one made I found the cost rather prohibitive so went with Andy at Vertigo Covers. A bit cheaper but seems to be just as good.
By riverrock
Cambrai for me. No complaints. Does the job well on our Bulldog.

Club aircraft is a Robin which we have full covers for, which I think come from Cambrai. Good quality but they are awkward to get on - trying to reach to get it over the tail and ensuring you get the velcro correct at the wing root. However I suspect any full cover will be awkward. We now keep the aircraft in a hanger so don't bother with the full covers.

I've only used the outdoor heavy duty covers, but they also do light ones ("Touring covers") which would be perfect if normally hangared.
By A le Ron
I have a Cambrian cover on my twinky. Although I mostly keep it inside. Nevertheless, it's an excellent (if elderly and grubby) cover.
By TheFarmer
Thanks all.

Back to square one.

I’ll call Cambrai. I’m only looking a touring cover so I hope it’s not too cumbersome.
By A le Ron
mick w wrote:
A le Ron wrote:I have a Cambrian cover on my twinky. Although I mostly keep it inside. Nevertheless, it's an excellent (if elderly and grubby) cover.

Is it one of those Featherlite ones ?. :wink: :thumright:

No. And I have to fasten it with tight straps underneath in case of wind.
mick w, kanga liked this
By EddieHeli
For Touring I'd recommend Bruce's custom covers from USA.
Great quick service, lightweight fold up quite compact into supplied bag, and half the price of Cambrai.

By TheFarmer
rogerb wrote:TF., Dave's custom covers gave me fabulous service and I'm not too far from you

Well, I took your advice and I’m very pleased. A quick turn around, sensibly priced, properly tailored cover with a measuring up visit beforehand, and another visit to check it fits too.

Very pleased. 8)

Ideal for when I leave her outside overnight for a couple of nights when I’m working away. 8)

Dave W, rogerb, AndyR and 3 others liked this