Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
With the relatively short range of Flarm signal detection in free air reported above, it will be interesting to see how it copes with picking up traffic that is hidden behind aircraft structure and especially the engine.
By UpThere
neilmurg wrote:The question is, what are you going to do NOW? Wait? How long? Is there a benefit available now? Is it worth the cost?

I'm a great believer in EC, as I installed a traffic advisory system in my aircraft 8 years ago. However, it was no help last year when there was a very near miss with a PA32 which didn't have its transponder switched on. We crossed at nearly 90 degrees, with me slightly lower.

I'm actively exploring the options for ADS-B upgrades to the mode S transponder, including for in/out, so am hanging fire until I find out what's supported by the software in my G1000. The SkyEcho would still be valuable for spotting gliders though.

In the meantime, if you've got a transponder, please keep it switched on in mode C, so I can avoid you!