Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PaulB
I've been looking at book lists because I want to read more. I'm not looking for aviation books at all, but I know that some here like them so I thought I'd mention this one that I saw reviewed in the New York Times.

It's called "FLY GIRLS -How Five Daring Women Defied All Odds and Made Aviation History" by Keith O'Brien. The five women are Ruth Nichols, Louise Thaden, Ruth Elder, Florence Klingensmith and Amelia Earhart.

It's (I believe) newly published and the NYT review is here if anyone is interested

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/book ... brien.html
By kanga
<drift and plug :oops: >

at JAM we are planning a significant exhibition on women (local - several - and other) in aviation for next year

</drift>

Incidentally, I noticed that in the PBS America TV programme on the WASPs, about which I'd posted, there was not a single mention of the ATA :?
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:<drift and plug :oops: >

at JAM we are planning a significant exhibition on women (local - several - and other) in aviation for next year

</drift>

Incidentally, I noticed that in the PBS America TV programme on the WASPs, about which I'd posted, there was not a single mention of the ATA :?

[Drift continuation]

A very good book about both ATA and WASP women is Sisters in Arms, by Helena Page Schrader.