Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
mmcp42 wrote:I went to Norwich last weekend
was far from busy

landing fee, handling (mandatory SaxonAir) and 4 hours parking (you get 2 free) cost £33

there were a lot of helicopters there, two took off just before me
one PA28 in the circuit, one commercial inbound
but all very calm and relaxed :)

oops sorry </drift>

I only go to Norwich now for ILS practice if I'm feeling rusty, but only if Cranfield (staff shortages), Cambridge (no radar/staff shortages) or Southend (too busy) can't take me .

Still I grant Saxonair's endless supply of coffee and biscuits takes the sting out of the charges a a bit.

Peter
mmcp42 liked this
By CloudHound
Slots, slots and slots.

Flybe own LHR slots until 2021 (istr). MAN have massive expansion potential due to R2 under-utilisation and the ongoing Transformation Project. LGW I'm sure would welcome a VS branded feeder.

The Delta/AF code share can only help and the Stobart element will benefit........

.....well Stobart actually.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
CloudHound wrote:Slots, slots and slots.

.... Flybe own LHR slots until 2021 (istr). MAN have massive expansion potential due to R2 under-utilisation de share can only help and the Stobart element will benefit........

So at £2.2m that's a bit of a bargain ...
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By defcribed
Flyingfemme wrote:Hmmmm....they sold a bunch of Gatwick slots not long ago. If they have run out of money again they are doing something seriously wrong. I really struggle to understand the economics of airline operation.

As I understand it, it's just about possible to turn a profit if you have all of your costs screwed right down, everything optimised operationally, your aeroplanes full all the time and you made the right call on fuel hedging.

Any of those slip and it's just a question of how long it takes to run out of money.
avtur3 liked this
By Miscellaneous
CloudHound wrote:Thus proving the adage about small fortunes and airlines.

Although with the application of Virgin's 'economies of scale' it could turn out to be quite the opposite for them.
Ben K liked this
By Lockhaven
I have racked up a small fortune in points from the Flybe scheme only to get an email the other month saying that the scheme is closing and you have to put all your points in to vouchers and use them by September 2019.

Guess what, no available flights on suitable dates to be able to spend them :evil: